Friday, April 30, 2010

April Blooms

April showers bring May flowers... so what brought these beautiful blooms? Whatever it is I'm not complaining! Our yard is in full blossom right now! Something is opening every week. I just love spring! and it is definitely time for the first mowing... that will really kick off the season!

I love this picture of the daffodils.. they are so papery white with such happy little centers! If they had faces they would surely be smiling!


These crocuses are the first to bloom in our yard.. or I should say grass.. they are in the old front bed that is now grass. Every year I tell myself I need to dig them up and move them some place more appropriate.. and every year I forget until it is too late... maybe next year!

We have a couple of lone tulip bulbs... we were given a box of dug up bulbs that were speculated to be tulips.. they were mostly daffodils with I think just two tulips! So they are super special!

These guys are our first blue flowers of the season

I liked the angle of this one.. taken from above..

Ahhh the rhododendrons... these bloom just as the forsythias and ever popular purple azaleas are dropping from the bushes.

Purple leaf Sandcherry... we bought this one last year, it is one of my new favorites.

.... and the beautiful flox that used to be very plentiful along the top of our rock wall.. as you can see by the blades of grass popping out from the middle I haven't been so good at weeding.. so a lot of the flox was lost. Maybe next year we'll work on replenishing it... because it really is beautiful .

And the bright sunshiny forsythia... almost gone by by the time I took this photo.. I think they lasted extra long this year.

I don't remember what these are called but they surprise me every year when they come up, as I am certain every year that they were killed off.
Up next month... lilacs, bleeding hearts! and much much more!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Gorgeous pictures Lisa! I love them all!