Monday, April 5, 2010

Preparing for Easter

I guess it only makes since that Easter comes a close second to Christmas in the preparation for the holiday with and for the kids! Egg dying is anticipated for weeks in advance, perhaps next year we can try blowing the egg out rather than boiling them so we can do them more ahead of time. Not that we eat the egg in the end, but our house and refrigerator already smelled quite egg-like and we hadn't even opened any.

Caden takes his egg decorating very seriously!

Cole starts several eggs only to have Rob or I finish them


Our masterpieces!

... and our bunny cupcakes ready for the next day!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You know? Why didn't I think of simply just painting them? I like how they come out so much better! Next year. :) Cute cupcakes! I made some of those last year and I have to say cutting the marshmellows in half was not a fun job.

Lisa said...

It came in a kit! Glittery paint with an additional baggie of glitter to sprinkle on top. very exciting!

I didn't mind the marshmallows so much, but I couldn't find the licorice shoe lace type so I bought regular twizzlers and had to slice them up thin.. that was the part I least enjoyed! Especially because I don't even like licorice!