Friday, April 23, 2010

Let's Go Red Sox Rockies

Tonight was Caden's 1st T-ball Game! And if I do so say myself, he is the most adorable T-ball player ever! But I may be a bit biased, but seriously.. there is some major cuteness going on here! And there is some photo overload because well.. there was just so many to choose from and so hard to not include them all (which I didn't there are A LOT more). Through this I also realized that I "definitely" need a new lens... the 70-300mm. I mean if the kids are going to be doing sports, I totally need to be closer through the camera! The 200mm does a good job, but I still had to crop in a ton to see much in many of these.. those baseball diamonds are big!

The first part of each t-ball "game" is practice where they work on four drills...

Throwing and Catching - Cuteness right?!

Grounders


Fielding (and batting too, but I didn't get any good pictures of that portion because they were hitting into the cage behind home plate)

I think Cora is a natural catcher!

Cole explores the other side of the fence

Rob keeps Cora occupied with his shoelaces.. fascinating activity!

Let the games begin! Caden up at bat

This is Caden at 1st base yelling "NO, Mommy.. No Mommy" because apparently he didn't want me watching and/or taking a picture of him!

Does he not look pro here?...

... and here!


I'd like to think he is giving signals to the catcher here.. except there is no catcher really.. and there is no pitcher!

On the bench


Next preoccupying trick... snacks!

"mwa mwa mwa mwa" What's that Cole? you have your mouth full of goldfish?

Caden runs to 3rd base around the gaggle of teammates congregating at 2nd.. seriously you have to come watch a game it is so funny (and adorable)!

... and we begin to lose focus with about 2 batters left to go

Good job, nice game...

... and notice the coolest coincidence of all of him being on the Colorado Rockies? Check out the hat.. (I'll give you a hint CR = Caden Rogers)
We are officially ball park people!

3 comments:

Muffiemom said...

Great pictures. Unbelievable how much Caden has grown and changed since he turned 5. So cute. "Little Rob" chewing gold fish. Better than chewing tobacco!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh-- he is adorable!! They have full uniforms too- that is so cute. I SO wish Cole was old enough to play this year! Next year I guess!

We'll have to go to a Fisher Cats game soon...

...and I totally hear you on the lens...sometimes 200mm is not enough!

Lisa said...

They give them the t-shirt and hat. We bought him the pants since we saw that a lot of other kids (with older siblins I am sure!) were wearing them, but then they were too big around the waist so we had to go buy the belt.. and while we were there we figured we may as well by the socks to complete the outfit.. ahem, uniform!

Yes! Fisher Cats here we come!