Sunday, April 11, 2010

Daffodil Days Here Again...

Daffodil days are in March... we got each 'C' potted bulbs this year rather than the cut stems to benefit cancer research... We got out to plant them finally on the 85 degree day last week! Caden picked the spot where his would go and planted it all by himself... he is a big helper and LOVES to garden!



Cole's turn! He moved some dirt in a few directions.. but in the end Caden planted Cole's plant for him.. the attention span on Cole is not sufficient yet for gardening! Maybe next year!
We had pellets delivered for next year.. Caden wanted to show me how he could climb up... I turned my head back to Cora when he was done to see what she was up to.. when I looked back I saw this.... (he made it up all by himself.. we have a 2 year old monkey living with us!)
This is what Cora spent the afternoon doing! We were siphoning off the cover of the pool and she found the water fascinating! When she'd lift it up too high though it would stop since it was gravity fed and she would get mad and throw it down, then it would start again and she'd laugh hysterically, pick it up.. and the whole vicious cycle would begin again... it was a hoot!


Cora decides she wants to help plant.. Caden planted her daffodil too!


... and then the shoes came off! Cole and Charlotte splashed away in the stream of pool cover water running down the driveway

Look mud!

The boys played street hockey over the puddle for a bit.. then ended up "fishing" for leaves

Fight!!!! The other hockey stick got broken.. looks like it is time to get a replacement!

2 comments:

Marleina said...

That's too funny - for Catherine's upcoming birthday, I bought that same outfit Charlotte is wearing!

Good to see Caden can carry on the W family green thumb. :)

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh...I had to laugh when I saw the last picture.... we are so alike...pictures first, then stop our children from doing the activity they are not supposed to be doing. Haha!

I love the one of Cora and the water hose. It is really sweet. (and then you have my daughter with her hands full of mud!)