Thursday, April 29, 2010

Our Weekend...

I guess since it is almost this weekend I should finally blog last weekend! Last weekend Saturday morning at 7:30!! we had the opening day LAFA parade! A fire engine led the parade from the high school to the field complex where high school seniors threw out the first pitches (male and female) after the national anthem. It was very cute. We then went home for a few minutes before he headed back to the fields for Caden's game! don't worry no pictures except for the team picture since I'd already took a bunch the night before...

hanging out before the parade started

Caden's team!


There he is in the back..

Team photo!
After Caden's game we hopped into the car and headed to Maine to visit Grampy Waterhouse and Uncle Brian! It is crazy because now when we go there it is like we have only one kid! The boys go off with Grampy to do "work" and we play with Cora. Sunday we took her to LL Bean and to visit my friend Angela whom I've been friends with since birth!
While we were waiting to meet up with Grampy, Jane and the boys we hung around and visited with the geese and sheep.. and tried to put Cora in some cute positions for some good pictures.. she was NOT in the mood!
Apparently this Tom Boy does not like Bobcats!
But she does like rusty farm equipment.. it's like a jungle gym to her... as well as wooden pallets with rusty nails sticking out of them (we avoided those)!
Now how absolutely amazing would it have been to get one of the kids to sit on this tractor.. or even in front of the wheel? Cora did not like my idea, and by the time I got the boys with me we'd lost almost all the light.... hmmm, maybe next time.. I'm fairly certain it'll be in the same spot!
Once we were joined by the rest of the gang we headed out to the fields to bring the horses home to a closer pasture.. they were out and about grazing on some deliciously long and green grass and getting some good running in.. cowboy Cole was getting a bit tired of all the hard work! Grampy toted him around for the round up.

Here they go.. cowgirl Jane follows them out as they stop for another tasty snack before heading in.
I so wanted to get the horses in silhouette.. but I'm just learning how so didn't quite figure it out before the horses left this magical spot! Next time I'll bring a checklist... sunset horses and kids with tractor among many other fun photo ops! If only everyone else was as excited about these as I am! Feeding horses, collecting eggs, riding in the Bobcat and dumping stuff out of the dump truck is far more exciting to them!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh you could totally get some cool Pioneer Woman-esque shots with those horses! Beautiful!

We missed the parade! Bummer! Caden and his team look so cute..I can't believe how tall Caden is against the rest of the team and they are all supposed to be 5 year olds! There's hope for my Cole yet! :)

Lisa said...

That is funny.. we thought Caden looked short or even average! Because there are a couple of real tall kids on his team. He is 3rd from the right with black sleeves in case you mistook him for the big kid next to him with the white sleeves which I did the first couple of times I looked at the pictures!

Listening to parents it sounds as though a lot of kids missed the cut off date which is probably why there are kids so tall on his team.. they are probably almost 6! and in Kindergarten right now!

Kelly said...

Oh you are right! I did mistake him for the other boy! :) I just assumed he was one of the taller ones!

Lisa said...

Weird huh?! I did the same thing! I think they actually do look alike. It is really funny because during the games the only way I know which one is Caden is by the number on his back! They all look the same once in uniform scattered about the field!