Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tee Off for... Ice Cream?!

As an early graduation present we got Caden a pair of golf clubs.. mostly because we saw a great sale on them at a local gem of a sports store! (We needed a belt for Caden's T-ball pants about 10 minutes before his game started, therefore they are our new best friends!)

For Grampy Tony's birthday present we got him a trip to the the driving range with Caden.. and if he's up to it by the end of the summer.. a round of golf at a par 3 (9 holes). So far Caden has really been enjoying it! And apparently once he was at the driving range he didn't want to leave! I think it is a bit of a difficult transition from swinging a baseball bat to a golf club, but he's having fun try atleast! Here are a few pictures trying out the clubs in Grammy and Grampy's yard.

Not only does Caden enjoy golfing apparently, but Cora does too! She carried Rob's golf club around the entire time we were out in the yard... and when I say carried, I do not mean drag... no sirree! Miss Cora is a brute! She chugged along with that club without breaking a sweat! And she did not want to take any part in being shown how to use it correctly, much like Cole when he was little(er!) she has to be carrying something around at all times.. no matter how big or little it is.

All Cole cares about is soccer. Any ball is a soccer ball to him, and he doesn't wear sneakers.. nope they are his soccer shoes. And look out! Because he has quite a kick!


And then the boys found the tree.. which is quite fun for climbing in.... a perfect little nook for standing or sitting. And Caden is almost big enough to climb it! "Look at me Mom... take my picture!"

While we were there I went through a few boxes of stuff I've had stored since I was a kid.. I found all sorts of old gems! Banana clips! Charm necklaces! jelly bracelets, snap bracelets, and all sorts of other fun stuff! Cora loved walking around with the charm necklaces, jingling around like a little beauty queen!

I did realize a few things as I was cleaning out.. the major thing was that.. we don't write letters anymore! I had a box full of cards and letters, many for birthdays, graduation, get well from mono, etc. But also I had letters! Genuine letters that my friends and I had written each other over summer vacations, etc. It was crazy and very fun to read and reminisce.. while email is convenient and I could never live without it.. it kind of makes me sad that my kids probably won't write many letters in their lives beyond thank-you notes. And who really prints out emails to save to read again when you are old and gray? They just aren't written with the content letters were. I'm sure texting will take over emailing by the time the kids are old enough anyway... It is fascinating how fast things change!


And you can't leave Amesbury without making a trip to THE BEST ice cream stand EVER! Yes that is right! Hodgies is open! Mmmm peanut butter cup... So many delicious flavors to have, yet most of the time I have to fall back to this one.. you just can't go wrong!


Cole enjoyed his Chocolate Emmy M (M&M) all over his face!

I shared mine with Cora for the most part, but Caden also wanted her to try his kind.. Avalanche.

It was a good day! I am so glad the good weather has finally arrived! Please stick around for awhile I could get used to this! If only the weekends were just a little bit longer!

No comments: