Saturday, March 26, 2011

Signs that the Snow is Melting!

The good thing about getting to work at 5am one day last week, was that I got to come home early and enjoy a warm spring-like afternoon with the kids!

This year Cole has picked up riding his bike, last year he just liked to sit on it, with a few pushes here and there, this year while riding at a snails pace he can pretty much start and stop on his own... stopping by not pedaling anymore, not necessarily using the brakes.  It is very interesting that while in everyday life he is non-stop, get him on the bike and he isn't pedaling like a maniac like you'd expect, but a do-dee-do Eeyore mentality instead!  Kind of a nice change!

The kids just love their rain boots!


Keep your friends close, but your snacks closer :)

These two are becoming great buddies, thinking up games to play together.


Cora carries everything like a purse.. even a bucket of chalk!

You can tell Caden is ready for spring by his chalk drawings!

Check out that root system!  I do enjoy all of Caden's drawings he really gets the details!

The men-folk had already headed off to Boston for a hockey game... Kelly had the brilliant idea to meet at the park for dinner!  Pizza tastes even better at the playground!

Spidey-Cole

So I probably should have been saving Cora, but her little legs kicking in the air were just too cute to resist!


Cora, while just 2 years old, can pretty much keep up with the big kids!  Apparently already a thrill seeker! check out this slide!  I cannot wait to ride roller coasters with her!  I thought my thrill rider would be Cole, but I am pretty sure I will now have 2 kids by my side!  Caden is still leery of the merry-go-round!


You'll notice most of my park pictures are of Cora.. that is because I couldn't keep up with the boys, nor do they need me to!  And while she thinks she's ready to rule the playground, Cora still needs a helping hand here and there!



Whooo!  These two didn't miss a single piece of equipment.  These two get along so well! 

Okay.. I didn't actually know what was going on here until after I'd taken these pictures.. while it did give me a chuckle Caden was spoken to about keeping his hands to himself.



These two enjoyed the see-saw...
  
Then I hopped on!  Here's my view!

Whoah!! too fast!!

Unfortunately there are only 4 seats on this.. hard to get a group shot of 5 kids! But it is okay, because no one wanted to look at me anyway.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cora and Anna will get along great when they are together - Anna is always getting in trouble and climbing everything she shouldn't be yet. We had to take the ladder off the swingset because she climbs it so fast and I can't keep her safe and watch the other two at the same time!

Kelly said...

Oh, how I wish for weather like that again! Here's to many more days of bike riding, chalk drawings, and time at the park!