Wednesday, March 9, 2011

4 Fingers and 2 Thumbs!


Today is our biggest baby's 6th birthday!  Not a baby anymore that is for sure! It is so hard to believe that it has been 6 years since I walked the halls of the hospital trying to get Caden out!!  And swearing he'd be an only child!  To remember those very quiet days we had together when he was a baby, when we'd just sit and watch him sleep... how much our lives have changed since then!  Never a quiet moment.


Today was Caden's day.. when asked what he wanted for his birthday meal and dessert he chose spaghetti and meatballs.. and banana splits! (he's never had a banana split, and when it came time for them, he didn't even want any banana!)


I wonder if in June we'll be eating English Muffins for dinner at Cole's birthday feast since that is his meal of choice these days!  Thankfully his birthday falls on the weekend so we can have a birthday breakfast instead :)

Caden was a good sport and let Cole and Cora help him with the unwrapping

I am trying to collect books for Caden that I enjoyed when I was young!  We bought this one weeks ago, and last night it was one of the books at the school book fair.  Caden was asking me all sorts of questions about it.. I quickly mumbled something incoherent and steered him away because I didn't want him to ask for it! and have to reveal one of his birthday presents in order to explain why he couldn't!


And his "big" present from us.. Caden's quote "now I can take pictures just like Mommy!"  He loves to take pictures with my point and shoot, in fact I'm pretty sure he has taken more pictures with it than me!  So now he has his very own less expensive version :) ... I plan to make a photo book for him of his first photos!  I can't wait!


And when he told him that was it, I was very impressed that he did not say one word about a DS, even after earning his 30 good behavior points to "become eligible for" a DS!

.. and then we "remembered" the present from Poobah.. the gift he has been asking for, for pretty much ever.. the Nintendo DS!   Poobah learned that Caden wanted a DS over Thanksgiving, he had one that didn't use.. so he told us we could have it, but we couldn't just give it to him for no reason.. and so it will be strange not to be asked to buy him a DS every day anymore!  But I'm sure there will be something to fill it's place.

Caden doesn't have his 6 year appointment until tomorrow, so that is when I'll summarize what he's been up to.. but I'll leave you with our "photo shoot" last weekend,  now that he is older and more willing to cooperate in front of the camera I will attempt to take his yearly portraits myself, although he was at the peak of a cold so his nose was running and his eyes were watering.. these were the best of them, but I think we'll try again sometime in the future to get a few more.. and perhaps I'll use the money I'll be saving to buy a proper back drop! Here's my stud man :)

This one just makes me laugh.. it was completely his idea.. he thought a picture with half belly, half no-belly would be cool.. OK!

Happy 6th Birthday Big Guy!! We Love You!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa, when I first saw the last photo, without reading the caption, I was like, "What the heck??!!" So funny! I hope he doesn't get these ideas when he is a teenager and beyond! haha!

Love all of the pics of Caden. He is so cute. Great idea on the camera- that is something I've been wanting to get Cole for awhile now and Brendan has talked me out of it! Not this birthday though!