Friday, March 11, 2011

All about the Boy.. the first one!

I'm still having a hard time believing Caden is SIX years old!  In the past year he has grown about 3 inches, bringing him to just over 48" (the nurse told him he could ride the big rides now!! If only he was my ride guy!) and gained about 3 pounds at 50.5 lbs.. Guess this was the year of the threes!  Overall the doc said he was a healthy boy.  We also had Caden's teacher conference this week.  We are so proud of him!  He loves to learn.  Similar to his first conference we were told he needs to work on doing his work with quality, but faster.  He is currently a perfectionist, and wants to spend the time making his work perfect so he is a bit slow.. it is hard to fault him for that!!

Caden is also a big goof as you can see above he found the sticky-back jewels, so the kids now look like gypsies on occasion.


Caden loves games.  We could play board games all day and he wouldn't complain.

Caden is doing fabulously at learning to read!  and to spell words by sounding them out.  It is so exciting to watch his progress!  His new picks are chapter books for us to read to him at night.

Caden has lost 4 teeth (I think it's only 4 anyway!) and has at least 2 of his 6 year molars, we haven't checked in a few weeks.

Caden is generally a good boy, he gets wound up easily though, and at these times we wish for the good Caden again!

Caden is a big fan of sports, but an even bigger fan of sports clothes!  He loves his wind pants and track pants :)

Caden loves to be outside.. and he doesn't even mind helping out with work sometimes.

Caden adores his little sister.. and tolerates his little brother :)

We dont' have much to compare it too, but he really does seem to be a budding artist!

Caden loves to learn.. he is very good at asking questions, and knows far more than I expect him to!

Caden is becoming quite a fish.. finally he enjoys jumping in!

Caden is an Eagles fan like his Dad.. I know people! I am trying to fix that!  Otherwise he likes the Red Sox and the Bruins.. we don't follow basketball in our house so I don't think he has a preference for basketball.

I think that is Caden in a nutshell.. and now I'll leave you with Rob and I when we were 6!! I think this is the only picture of that whole year, so I didn't have another option for  a better exposed one... but I do in fact have a blue-bird on my shoulder!  Zippity-do-da!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I like Robs attire way better than yours. But then again, your mother dressed you. haha. And hopefully your kids take after there dad!!!!!

Kelly said...

So interesting about the work and quality thing... Cole is the exact opposite. We are always telling him to slow down to increase his quality of work.

I just keeping thinking back to that first Halloween we were here when Caden was only 2 1/2 and now look at him! I can't believe it.

Lisa said...

Wow!! 2 1/2! Seems so long ago it is hard to believe time flies so quickly.

If only we could combine the boys efforts we'd have the pefect student!