Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bouncin' Round the Party!

This weekend was Caden's Birthday Party with his cousins and friends!  But first we had our traditional special Birthday delivery from Dundore and Poobah... Edible Arrangements, especially ones dipped in chocolate are always a welcome addition in our household!

It is my own tradition I guess.. that I make the kids birthday cakes.. last year was the first year Caden played a part in picking out his own cake, since gererally the cake fits somewhat of a theme to the party.  This year he was excited to do it again.  Cole has even picked  his for the first time, for his June party!  He is excited already, hopefully he stays as excited when the day actually comes.

The party was at a local gymnastics facility where Cole and Cora take gymnastics class.  They cover up all the gym equipment and blow up a few inflatables, then they have a foam block pit to jump in and a small rock climbing wall.  As you can see from my picture.. even adults can have fun :)  While I didn't think I took many pictures, apparently I took much more than I thought!  Many were a bit blurry since everyone was moving so fast and... well, I won't get into camera capabilities!


This crazy guy showed up to our party!! The Sevins came from a party just before Caden's where they had a fabulous face painter!!  This may be a good idea for Cole's party, since let's be honest, it really is a bit too cold for the swimming pool in early June.

Cora is such a big girl!  She just loves this slide and climbs to the top by herself.. even with the big kids behind her pushing along since she is a bit slower than them!

And then she goes down!! Usually with her tongue out.


We also had a monkey at our party!

Told you adults could have fun!  Jake had to play lifeguard every once in awhile!

Cora thought it would be funny to throw blocks at me.

I think we are only missing two kids!! better than our last try at Cora's party!

Pizza, cake and ice cream in the party room to get back some energy for a bit more playtime.

Kitty-Cat sighting as well!

Caden just loves littler kids, he is so gentle and sweet with them!  Without being told he took his cousin to the top of one of the slides, and I was expecting him to send him off on his own, but instead he sat him on his lap and they both came down all smiles!!

Whoah!! Too fast for focus.. but too cute to leave out!

My view from the pit.. besides the slide, this is Cora's favorite place to be.  At free time during gymnastics it is where both Cora and Cole go... and Rob and I too!

Chestnut Hill Preschool pals!  I'm not sure why Caden looks so grumpy!

And Cole would not leave happy unless we also took his picture!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that pic of Caden and Casey- it is so precious!

Isn't Mother's Day right around the corner? Why not just get that camera right now?! haha!

We had a blast at the party- thank you!

Roberta said...

Looks like the 2 kids not in the group picture are my kids (again)...why are they so camera shy!?! I heard Caden took good care of Casey! Wish we could have made it...