Thursday, March 25, 2010

To the Zoo!

Each year for Caden's birthday Padge and Julie give Caden the gift of an adventure! We've done the Boston Children's Museum and the Aquarium in past years. This year since Caden is learning to skate they were going to take Caden to the outdoor skating rink in Boston.. but unfortunately it melted before we could go! So instead we took advantage of the beautiful weather last Saturday and went to....



Yes.. the Franklin Park Zoo! Us and the rest of the surrounding population! They clearly did not check the weather forecast and only had one person manning the gates so we had to stand in line for what seemed like forever! Luckily there are two lion statues that all the kids in line had fun on!




Still in line, there were no trash barrels to be found.. so Cora carried her diaper around for us. By the way I had her outfit picked out since Thursday, although they were supposed to be different pants that I thought were crops, but ended up being regular long pants, or maybe they are crops just too long.. either way we switched pants!

Into the park at last! Caden as usual was our map guy "leading the way". By the the way Rob really did not want any pictures of our stylish son in his rolled up jeans. The reason we had to roll up his jeans due to the heat is because he refused to by the coolest pants ever that I bought him last year.. beach pants I think they were termed that you can wear rolled up or wear down like regular pants.. even Cole wore his pair which are the same style but termed skater pants. If he only knew how cool he'd be if only he'd let me dress him (at least I think so hehe!)



Cora was probably the most excited by the animals! Screeching and pointing and otherwise VERY excited by it all! Cole used the time at the zoo as an extended snack time.. I kid you not he did not stop eating the entire time we were there! Luckily we brought plenty of snacks!


I don't take many pictures of animals because when I get home I always end up deleting them a couple of months later wondering why I took them in the first place! but his ostrich was staring right at me begging me to take its picture! He was actually kind of scary with his red eyes!

This was a cool tree! Minus the dead leaves it was telling us that spring was finally here!

Cole is my cool dude and will wear pretty much whatever I ask him too.. even if he doesn't want to he is easily convinced otherwise!

Okay.. Mr. Casual is pretty cool too.. at least in my books :)

Rob insisted I get in a picture as proof I was there

And here is our evidence that we had a terrific afternoon! conked out before we got a mile down the rode. Caden put up a good fight... but sleep did win out in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one of Caden walking away from
the camera is great.

Kelly said...

Great photos Lisa! Very vibrant. Looks like a great time.

I love the one of the ostrich! :)