Sunday, May 3, 2009

We're Swinging!

I thought Kelly over at "Super Sevins" did a great post capturing the progress of their swingset building. So... I am taking the liberty of copying her! Above you can see how the swingset area looked at 9:30 this morning (the pile is the old swingset that was damaged from the icestorm). Grammy and Grampy Tony came over to help... Grampy with the swingset, and Grammy with the kids so I could help! Below you can see what it looked like at lunch break - 12:30. (I would like to mention that I carried out almost all those boards you see lying in front!)

And here we have the general framing at about 5:30. Brendan came over to help a bit in the afternoon, so he gets credit for helping with the swings and monkeybars! The manual says 2 skilled men should take 20 hours to assemble! I think they got a good start. Rob will putter this week to put more together.


Rob got first swing!

Caden soon ran out to try it out.. the picture is taken through the screen porch so quality not the greatest! Cole joined them once the second swing was up.. but I was cooking dinner so didn't get a picture. But he just LOVES to swing! Giggling the entire time! I'm sure there will be plenty of photo ops real soon! I think our lives just got a whole lot easier with this fab-O structure!! Rob's summer with the kids will be spent out there I am sure! We just can't wait to get up the slide.. and the ladder and rock wall of course so they can get up to it!! Unfortunately one piece was missing from the boxes.. so we'll have to wait for that to come in before it is entirely finished.. but the swings work great for now!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Can't wait to see when it is completed! I'd say they did a great job for 2 skilled (ahem!) men for the first day! I find that we are in our backyard more in the past several weeks then we were all last summer!