Friday, May 15, 2009

12 Weeks and our walking legs!

Today marks Cora's 12 week birthday! My she is getting big! She is still laughing and cooing.. although not all the time yet, but we still see non-stop smiles as she is quite the happy baby! The first two pictures were taken last weekend... I'm pretty sure it is apparent that at least Caden and Cora are siblings! Their eye color right now is identical! We'll see if Cora's eye color changes, so far there is no hint of brown. Cole's eyes are hazel, and I'm not sure what age it was but we saw brown forming at the edge of the pupil, now they are brown on the inside with a blue rim, quite beautiful! But even when they were just blue they were a much deeper shade than Caden and Cora's so I think Cora's may stay blue... who'd have thought with a brown eyed Dad?!


Leave it to a man! Yesterday afternoon Rob went to get his haircut and brought the boys to leave me with a quiet house, I told him to make an appointment to have Cole's haircut as it was TOTALLY unruly! Apparently she was able to cut Rob's hair quickly, and was able to fit Cole in... so I MISSED HIS FIRST PRO CUT! ACK! no pictures! So sad, but it did need to be done, look at how cute he looks with his little boy cut! Interestingly Cole and Caden have pretty much the same color hair now, they are really starting to look more alike!
Today the kids and I went on a long walk on the Windham Rail Trail The boys were in the bike trailer (converted to stroller) and Cora was in the bjorn. About halfway there we stopped and the boys through rocks in some water. I am very excited about the trail, when Caden was young and still in the infant bike seat I took him for a long bike ride on a trail that started in Derry and we happened on the rail trail, but at the time there were lots of dump trucks and tractors, etc. apparently preparing the rail bed to be paved... and now 4 years later we are back! I want to go back soon with Caden and his bike since our driveway is a hill, and the flat road in front of our house is flanked by two downhills which doesn't give him much of a long ride. The rail trail is perfect, mostly flat! Anyway we made it to the 2 mile marker.. and I'll admit once we turned around I really wished we hadn't gone as far, I am famous for this! We then stopped for a snack break and so I could feed and re-diaper Cora. Thankfully I came prepared because Cole decided to drop a present in his diaper as well! What I hadn't planned for was what I was going to do with Cora while I did this! So she laid happily on my nursing cape on the forest floor.

Cole shows me his rock.. he never actually threw it, but carried it with him the entire trip

See proof!! halfway at 2 miles... 4 miles even on level ground was quite far! especially wearing jeans on an above 70 degree day.. note to self, check the weather next time! I was HOT!

Cora chilling during Cole's diaper change!


I really love when the boys get along and play together nicely. This year is the first year Caden has shown an interest in the hammock.. of course it is one of Cole-the-fearless' favorite hangout spots! Today they spent a good amount of time swinging in the hammock.. Cole was just chillin' rockin' back and forth sucking his thumb, while Caden was in and out running around rolling over Cole, you name it!

I've always loved bleeding hearts (the plant!), but I never actually looked right up close to them I guess, because I never even noticed that the petals really are hearts! I tried practicing some of my new aperture skills (making the background blurry) from my photo class with this picture below! But see the first bloom? It's a perfect heart! Nature really is amazing! And naming this plant really was a no-brainer!

No comments: