Friday, May 29, 2009

Memory Triggers

Today the boys and I were playing matchbox cars, Caden handed me the shiny gold suburban... instantly I said, this car is the car that made Cole crawl! Caden asked why and I told him how Cole really wanted to play with (chew?) it when he was a baby, and so one day when it was out of his reach he just went for it and had to crawl to get it! (our lives haven't been the same since!!) So he asked me why he crawled, and so I told him... Caden had some crazy infatuation with paper! He loved it whether he was crinkling it to make sound or chewing on it! He just couldn't get enough of it! So one night we spread newspapers and purple tissue paper (we must have got a present or something I don't remember exactly where it came from!) just out of Caden's reach.. and it worked, he wanted the paper badly! So he crawled for it! I just love the fact that something as simple as a shiny gold matchbox can trigger such a flood of memories!

To create another memory trigger, a funny story from this morning... Cole has taken to a particular plate that we have of Clifford The Big Red Dog.. Rob was preparing Cole's breakfast and got him out a plate, Cole said "plate... doggie" Rob told him it was dirty which one would he like, displaying the others. Cole's response was "wash" HAHA! we both laughed.. but in the end he did end up choosing another plate.. the "thingy" plate as Cole referred to it as... we all know the "thingy" to be Pooh Bear! So now I will always chuckle whenever I see the Clifford plate, remembering this mornings events!
Blog Signature

No comments: