Friday, May 8, 2009

11 Weeks - Now with Extra Laughter!

There were many laughing matters at our house this week, but the one that caught our attention most was Cora's!! Caden was being his silly self the other day while getting dressed, spinning in circles cackling when all of a sudden Cora began squealing and belly laughing!! It lasted at least 2 minutes, and it was quite contagious. Of course our video camera stopped working last weekend, which leads me to my next story!

When we called technical service for Canon we learned about their loyalty program.. basically for $150 we can upgrade to the latest model and send back our old broken one.. Sweet.. sign me up! So yesterday the camera arrived! I opened a box to find a smaller box inside containing the camera and lots of packing peanuts.. I went to the kitchen to cut the tape on the box with a pair of scissors... when I hear from the other room.. "PARTY!! Mommy! Come to our party!" Oh no.. see below for what I came back too.. not 10 seconds after I left the room.. if you can't see it through our normal mess there are about 1000 packing peanuts on the floor! That was very fun to pick up... Caden was a fairly good helper, Cole on the other hand undid our work, so we put him down for his nap before we even attempted to finish! At least they had fun.. and I learned to never leave the boys alone with a potential mess!




Rob has been working on the swingset every afternoon that we didn't have rain, and he took the day off today to try and finish it up. Everything essential is now done! So today with all the rails up on the upper deck we were able to put the ladder, climbing wall and slide on! Whoohoo for more fun! But first are some cute hoodie pictures of the boys protecting their heads from a buggy afternoon after the rain had cleared up! (Cole is actually wearing Caden's sweatshirt because I thought it was his red Patriots sweatshirt... just a few sizes too big!)

And one of the perks to living in our town is the annual apple blossoms!! Kelly and I just started taking a photography class so I totally wanted to practice my new knowledge... unfortunately bringing the entire family was a huge mistake because no one wanted to stand around while I twirled dials and switched knobs as I figured things out... perhaps I'll go back by myself!!

Happy 11 Weeks Old Cora!! (As she unhappily is held at arms length in front of the blossoms, the only child to cooperate, but I guess she had no choice!!)


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ooohhh, great pictures. I'm going to have to head over to the apple orchards tomorrow for sure.

Could Cora get any cuter?! She is so adorable.