Monday, May 4, 2009

The Circle of Life

Today on our walks (yes, we had two walks because we dropped the burp cloth on the first one!) Caden learned about the circle of life via dandelions! He wanted to stop to pick some "blowing flowers" I told him they were dandelions, which was quite confusing to him since they definitely aren;t yellow! which then sparked the explanation. In the end I reminded him to NEVER to blow them near our yard because we don't want them in our yard! In fact he picked one to save and take home, but I told he had to blow it before we got to our street!! I know I'm a bit crazed!!

Caden also had his first practice swim lesson... ya that's right... so what if I thought his lessons were on Mondays, but are really on Tuesdays?! We'll really know how to suit up tomorrow! Whoops! However, it is his first time having lessons without me joining him in the pool, so the practice run might be good since he's not all that enthusiastic about swimming with just the teachers.

On to the good stuff! Pictures!! Oh, but first I need to tell everyone that today Cole slept until 10:15!! and Caden slept til 9..and they only went to bed a half hour later than normal... they did however spend the entire day outside! I'm sure tomorrow we'll be back to the 6 o'clock hour!

Cora's second night in the crib (since I didn't capture the 1st!!)

Rise and shine!

Cora's 1st time forward facing in the bjorn! I turned her around for the walks though so it would be more comfortable sleeping.

Today we spent much of the day out at the swingset!



Sometimes I think Cole has an invisible third hand... honestly the kid can carry so much stuff and make it look easy! He puts Rachel Ray to shame!


The boys also loved the "balance beam" railroad ties!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What did I tell you?! You have Caden very well trained on the whole "no dandelion rule!"" Ha-ha! Great photos- so jealous you can spend hours and hours outside with your beautiful children. Not that I want to spend hours and hours with your children- I would want to be home with my children. But I do love your children. I just meant that I'm jealous you are home! Oh nevermind... : )

Lisa said...

You could be home too! Just convince Brendan you need another baby!!