Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby Appointment 37.5 Weeks.. and False Alarm!

Yesterday we had a baby appointment, it seems like I just had one... because I did last Thursday, but since they are once a week now they just fit you in whenever. The baby did not like when she grabbed the head and but and wiggled him/her around to check for room, the heart rate skyrocketed to 148-155! Lately the HR has been around 135. I learned a few things, with each successive pregnancy you carry more out, down and round.. seems to be true looking at the belly cast! This is because your ligaments are looser so can't hold the baby all in nice and tight anymore! I also learned your 3rd labor is usually somewhere in the middle time-wise of your 1st and 2nd.. here are the reasons. 1st labor is the longest - uterus ready to go, strong muscle! But your cervix has no idea what to do. 2nd labor is the fastest - uterus still strong, cervix remembers how to open up. 3rd labor - cervix ready but uterus is more stretched and can't make as strong contractions, often the easiest pain-wise because you'll have a strong contraction followed by an easy one. She did also say there is still a chance it could go faster, so really I'm not sure why they tell you all this! Next I learned that if you have 2 boys already you have an 80% chance of having another boy. In all honesty I expect a boy for this reason, but down in my gut I have a feeling we might be having a girl... so it'll be a surprise for everyone come the birth day!

Speaking of birth days! We thought it was going to be last night! Before leaving work I had a contraction and felt really nauseous, actually I had felt off ever since my appt. at lunch time. I had 2 more contractions on the way home, and several more once home. The house was in a tizzy! packing up cameras, charging batteries, locating the baby book, throwing other last minute things in the bag, doing laundry! The contractions were inconsistent, and ended up petering out between 7 and 8 o'clock. So.. we continue the wait! At least we are now prepared! The bags are even in the car! Now watch we'll be waiting another 2 weeks!

Stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As cute as your boys are, I'm hoping you have a girl.

Kelly said...

How super exciting!!! I bet you are having a girl as well- I think a Mother's intuition cannot be underestimated!

CanNOT wait to hear of baby C's birth!

Let me know if you need anything...anything at all!

Jen said...

I've said from the beginning that I think you're having a girl. Told it to Roberta at Sugar Hill! :)