Sunday, February 15, 2009

Skating, Skiing... and Biking!


While trying to stay close to home, and doing anything to promote the onset of labor we still had a fun weekend. Saturday Caden got to go skating with his friend Cole, they are both getting better every time! This time we didn't have to rent skates, I was able to find someone at my work with skates Caden's size that weren't being used anymore! Bonus! Caden loves his new skates, and wants to try them on all the time. This week Caden still needs to use Rob for balance a bit, but he is actually able to pull Rob along behind him while walking along the ice. A huge improvement from the kid hanging on for dear life his first trip to the rink! In Valentine's day fashion Cole shows off his Valentine's shirt.. one Caden wore before he was even one! After dinner we were so kindly invited to the Sevin's for chocoloate fondue dessert! Mmmm delicious!


Today was a beautiful sunny day! The ice crust has softened from the top of the snow, so it was finally the perfect day for Caden to try out his skis! We had him being pulled around the yard, and then let him loose to walk on his own to get used to having sticks strapped to his feet! He informed me he wants to snowboard.. I told him skiing is SOOO much cooler! So he said he wants to do both.. not if I can help it! Next year we'll have him do lessons, this year we just wanted him to be comfortable with them on his feet, knowing he's a bit apprehensive to do things without us, I think next year he'll be able to do a lesson since it's not with parents... we'll be closely watching from the side though with the camera of course!




And then we broke out the bike! Oh how we long for spring so we can spend more time outside! I should also mention the kids voluntarily went to bed a half hour early, they probably would've gone sooner had we suggested it! Caden rode around like a mad-man, while Cole and I walked around trying to get the baby to join us.. so far it has been unsuccessful, although Cole probably wasn't the best walking partner, I may have needed a bit more of a brisk walk! I did however clean both bathrooms and wash the kitchen floor to no effect. There's always tomorrow.. thank you Presidents for getting us a day off of work!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Snowboard?! How did Caden even learn what that is? :) He's too smart for his own good. Ha-ha.

Can I just tell you that I am home by myself right now and when I started reading your blog, your blog music slowly came on and I was freaking out for about 5 seconds because I didn't know where that music was coming from!! : )