Thursday, February 12, 2009

39 Weeks! Belly and Appointment

Who thought we'd make it to 39 weeks?! Cole was 10 days early I thought each subsequent baby was supposed to come earlier?! We are now at 7 days to go.. they allow you to go 2 weeks late.. I'm beginning to convince myself that this baby will be born March 5th, the drop dead last date! That way I don't get my hopes up every day! We didn't have 39 week pictures for either of the boys.. so here we have the 38 and 39 week belly comparison. I have definitely dropped now, although I don't know if it shows in the pictures, but everyone at work has noticed.. so it must be true!
I had a Dr's appointment today, heart rate was back to normal... 130's, measuring normal, but she said the head is VERY low. So low she could hardly feel it! I asked if that meant anything and she said, probably that I would deliver by 1 week past my due date.. Gee thanks!! She also said she guessed the baby was currently around 8 pounds.. oh dear! With Cole she guessed 7 1/2 pounds and 2 days later I delivered him at 8 lbs 7 oz.. does this mean this baby is going to be over 9 pounds?! I didn't get an internal exam because with Caden I swore I wouldn't do that ever again do to the discomfort, but I contemplated it if it might get things moving.. she said it wouldn't so there that idea went!
So here I am back at home waiting for any sign of a twinge! But nothing.. so once again I'll be sleeping on the couch half-way through the night so as to get comfortable. Rob says this baby clearly takes after me, and is stubborn.. who me?!


38 Week Baby Belly39 Week Baby Belly

4 comments:

Teach-ME-Mom said...

Sorry you're getting stir crazy! It's a great idea to get set on the 2 week date, that way you don't feel as down. Keep yourself really busy if you can. Catherine's EDD was 4/26, and my last work day was 4/20, right before April vacation. When Andrew went back to work after vacation, I was alone with Elizabeth for the rest of the time, waiting. Oh, and fielding the "have you had the baby yet?" phone calls. It was a long wait until May 8!

Find something to do that will take you awhile - start a new crafting project. Someone else told me to make an appointment for myself the day after my due date. That way you have something to look forward to!

I've been thinking of you - hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Boy, that little girl is definitely going to take after her mommy - watch out! And I am hoping that you'll have the baby around 3 in the morning, so that those of us in Ukraine are the ONLY people awake that you can call and tell. (You'd better make sure Rob knows how to dial internationally, or I'll be very upset!!) Big hug, the Eager Mayhew Family

Kelly said...

Waiting, wondering, and not knowing is the hardest part. Also I'm sure the fact that you are uncomfortable doesn't help either!

The last 9 months flew (well, for me anyway-ha-ha) so it'll happen before you know it!

I like the idea that TeachMe Mom had- making yourself an appt the day after your due date. Perhaps that will help!

Lisa said...

Does Caden's tooth removal count? that is on the 20th! But I am NOT looking forward to that! and I have one gazillion crafts to start and/or finish, but I am absorbed in the Twilight Series so I have ignored all productive-ness and been a big book-worm! So unlike me!