Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Caden's New Smile!


Caden had his absessed tooth pulled at the dentist today. I did not go to the appointment for fear of losing it myself seeing Caden in such duress, so I can't really relay many of the details. When Caden got home from the appointment he was crying and I ended up crying, so Rob decided to spare me any details since really nothing good happened! All I know is that Rob had to restrain his hands during the procedure, and in doing so he got kicked repeatedly, many times in the shoulder... this does not sound as though it went well! He had a bunch of numbing agents all around his front tooth, and then the mask of nitrous oxide which again, I don't know how that effected him because Rob says I do not need to know.. it did slow his hands down is all he said.

Our Caden still has a beautiful smile! but we may need to increase his skating lessons so he can really play the part of a hockey player!

This morning he told me he wants his tooth back, when I asked why he said so he could eat! They told him to eat soft foods today, after that he could eat normally, I guess he thought he wouldn't be able to eat ever! Poor kid! He has also asked when his tooth is going to grow back, unfortunately this one we have no definite answer, but promised him that eventually it would grow back, probably when he started riding a bus to school, but in the meantime he might lose another tooth, but next time (hopefully!) it would get real loose so he could wiggle it and we wouldn't have to go to the dentist to have it taken out. Caden already hated going to the dentist, hopefully this has not completely scarred him for life!

Over the past 2 weeks we've really been playing up the tooth fairy. When Caden was born one of our neighbors gave him his "Lucy Toof" bear which is a bear with a little pouch to put your tooth in for the tooth fairy. This excited him, although he told us he couldn't see any fairy dust so the tooth fairy must be at someone else's house right now! How does he know about fairy dust?!
Caden feels his empty tooth spot



Caden poses with "Lucy Toof"

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Poor Caden! I can't even imagine what that must have been like to see (or hear that) your child went through that. My heart goes out to you! But the good thing is that he is smiling and happy so this will be a faint memory for you someday and he will have forgotten all about it!