Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pond Walk

Rob and I are big on finding fun.. FREE.. things to do close to home.  Hidden gems!  Rob found this park in Manchester last summer with the kids.  A playground and walking trail in one.  We really enjoy hiking, but since small kids and hiking are tough, flat nature walks are an acceptable substitute!  At this park there is a one-mile loop around a pond, with fun boardwalks strewn throughout.. I am a sucker for boardwalks as you probably have read before.  We brought the backpack carrier for Cora, but we should have known better, she walked the entire way!

My model of the day was Cole, he was very cooperative and always asking me to take his picture.  It seems my model changes with each excursion.  Caden likes to hide, even though now that he has his own camera he is learning that this is very frustrating! 


Whenever I wanted Cole to smile I'd have him tell me his joke, which you may have seen on facebook.  if not you can check it out here!


Why is getting a good picture of the three of them impossible? 


More joke time :)

We saw some really cool wild life!  What is this an egret? 




Cora trying to be one of the boys.. not quite tall enough yet.

Caden wait for me!

Come on Mommy!

Cole couldn't stand next to his brother and sister he had to stand in front, and in the process of getting him to Cora took off so Caden rounded her back up again!  If only we had  video of the process!

At least their feet cooperate!


And to conclude our family walk we got to quack at the ducks and promptly scare them away.  Their heads are so beautiful!  I love his reflection in the water.. water is so cool, it can be murky and gross brown yet still reflect a beautiful image!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE the feet shot. Was that all edited in LR? I need to get that free trial.

The duck shot is also really great!

Jen Ruegg said...

Love all these pictures, especially the feet!