Monday, April 18, 2011

Opening Day...

Friday was opening day for our local ice cream hot spot Mack's Apple Stand.. Cora was very eager to get into that car to go.  Like mother like daughter!  I love me some ice cream.. although I have to tell you, Mack's doesn't compare to my hometown stand, Hodgies... it is the BEST! but this will suffice :) 

P.S. do you see the pony tail?  She is finally asking for them!  YAY for me!

All packed in! We are ready to go!

So is Brendan!!

The line was not too bad... seeing as the evening was FRIGID, I believe that is why.


What is not to  love?

You better believe it!

I believe they were yelling something along the lines of "It's cold out here" but don't quote me.

Freshly painted picnic tables! free of sticky drips and jimmies!

Our own Nanook of the North waiting for her ice cream

Such a decision for Rob!  What will he have?!  Mint chip was the winner.

First licks of the Candy Shop ice cream - the flavor of the week! 

Cora was a cone pro, no bowl for her No Sir-ee! of course it was freezing out so no melting occurred.. if it had been summer temps we would have been in trouble I am sure.

I spoke too soon.. we moved to the cars because our hands were becoming numb.. when she wasn't paying attention we had a nice smear on the jacket.

Picture taking does not stop for the cold!

Delicious!  But next time let's go when we don't need coats and hats!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, when are you taking me to Hodgies?! I HAVE to try this amazing ice cream creation you keep talking about!

Love the pictures! The first one of Cora is so cute.

Jen Ruegg said...

Now I want some ice cream! See you in a couple weeks!!!