Sunday, May 1, 2011

All things Easter

Wow!  I forgot about the lead up to Easter. and now a whole one week later I finally get around to posting them.  First came Cole's preschool party, where we sent in these carrot garden treats.  We then promptly felt like the cheapest parents ever when Cole came home from school with mad loot..  I mean who knew that you were supposed to bring presents for everyone for Easter?!  Whoops, I guess we'll just have to make up for it at then of the school year.  But on to better things... Easter egg dying!  This year I got ambitious, instead of hard boiling the eggs and no one eating them I decided to blow out the eggs.. phew!  that is hard work, but we used most of the egg we saved, so that makes me feel better.  Cora ofcourse wanted all the eggs to be dyed purple and pink.


  
Mad Scientists at work

And none got broken!!.. by dying anyway, I broke FOUR during the blow out process.


Come Easter morning Mr. Bunny had led a trail from each bed to their baskets.

We were awakened by Caden yelling "Everybody?  Everybody?  Can someone help me get me down from my bed?"  Me: "Why Caden did  you pee?"  Caden:  "No there are jelly beans all down my ladder!" Me: " Pick them up!"  and by this time everyone else was awake so Cole helped clear the way for his brother.  And so, the boys were very willing to get dressed so they could follow the candy trail.

They were actually very good about sharing.  Caden picked up every third jelly bean and Cole picked up the rest, but gave Cora every other one.. who are these kids?!
  
We had a lovely Easter Basket opening.. filled with fun things like Super hero arm bands and masks and of course some tasty treats.  And since we are early risers we were able to make 8:00 church, by 9:00 we had already accomplished a lot!  But the fun didn't stop there!  When we arrived home there were Easter eggs to find!  Of course the grass was a bit wet from all the rain we had the day before, but nothing rain boots couldn't handle.

  
Who knew bunnies could climb ladders?




And then we were off to Babci's house for Easter dinner with the Pyndo clan, although you wouldn't know there were 30+ people there, as when I did take my camera out the kids were my only subjects shame on me!

Not the prettiest, but while Cora did willingly wear her hat to church, she only wore it for about 30 seconds when I had my camera out.

She may be striving to be a bag lady.. she does love her grocery cart, her babies and her beads!

If Easter day was any indication, Cole might become a football player someday.  He loved stealing the ball and running, promoting a chase.



Another egg hunt?! These kids are the luckiest!

  

I just love this 2nd one of Cora.



Most of the time we can't get these three to stop touching each other.. when it comes to picture time however you'd think they didn't know each other!



Okay.. how does my 6 year old baby look 16 right here?!  Does anyone else see it?  He looks like he's walking off the field after a Varsity game to me!  or maybe Math team, whichever!

Okay.. not good composition-wise as I was dodging Cora, however it sums up their life.  Caden taunting, Cole crying because he is not getting his way.  Caden just stole the wine cork from their new way of playing football.

Cora thought it was hilarious to run around like a crazy girl and fall down continuously.



The cork hand off...

Go!

Runnnnn!

Tackle!



And somehow... he got away.

Easter was a fun day filled with family.  One week late we say... Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, I love these pictures! I agree- that one of Cora looking back is the cutest!! And Caden does look old...definitely not 6!! Sigh...