Saturday, May 21, 2011

Apple Blossom Time


This month is a good month to live in town... driving by the orchards with your windows down your car is filled with the perfume of apple blossoms.  The big rain streak began right around peak, but luckily different types of apples must blossom differently so when we went before peak we were lucky to find a few rows in full bloom. I brought the kids while Rob mowed the lawn and I told them if they cooperated we'd go out for ice cream... I'd give them a B+

Where we went there is a restored barn and another interesting building which made for good backdrops to get a picture of the three of them.  Not a total success in the smile department, but at least they are all looking!  Maybe we'll try again sometime and dress them up a bit more!


I told them to love each other :)

Cole... losing his ice cream because he went running off by himself before listening to my instructions!



They were supposed to walk back the same way, but after I walked down to break up a fight, by the time I got back to my position they were already booking it back dragging Cora along behind them.  Maybe next year.






In the end they earned their ice creams, so after two kids visited the porta-potty, we met Daddy at the ice cream stand for a slightly warmer trip than last time.



2 comments:

Jen Ruegg said...

Caden has quite a serious ice cream eating face!

Kelly said...

And...I missed the blossoms again this year! I am so upset!!

I love the one of Cole by himself in the middle of the trees. It's frame-able!!!