Friday, July 23, 2010

York's Wild Animal Kingdom

During our camp weekend we went down the road to York's Wild Animal Kingdom.  Part zoo, part amusement park.  We saw some of the cutest animals, a baby bobcat and a little joey in his Mama's pouch!  We watched him get in, they dive in and do a somersault to get heads up and their feet stick up over their head!  It was quite comical.

While we were there the kids all touched a snake!  I tried it myself.. creepy!
Our cowgirl princess nieces..
There were several petting areas, here the deer roamed free and wandered right up to you!  A sign before you entered the area had rules, one of which stated do not touch the antlers.. but they were HUGE! and they touched you, so you couldn't help it.

After the zoo we meandered over to the amusement area... really it is just a bunch of carny rides for kids.. but it was fabulous!  There were hardly any lines and they gave you a long time on the rides themselves.  Perfect!
At last some one to ride roller coasters with!

We then took over the bumper cars! Uncle Brian stayed out with Casey and Cora.. for the rest of us... it was war!

Bumper boats were a big hit
Choo Choo!! Caden, Cole and Casey were big fans of the train.

Cora kicked and screamed when the merry-go-round ended
No one else wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel with me, but Cora can't put up too much of a fight so I took her!  She sat for a bit, but she was getting tired and when were up at the tippity top she decided she wanted to snuggle on my lap.. the bar doesn't fit over both of us so I held on real tight!  and was thankful when the ride ended.

This place was great!  We highly recommend it!  just be sure to seek out the go karts first thing.. we didn't see them until the end when the kids were wiped so we didn't end up going on, but there was no line!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, first of all....Oh my gosh!!! You went on the ferris wheel with NO bar???!!! I would have screamed for them to get me off immediately. You are very brave my friend. ;)

Otherwise York looks like a great time. We've never been and maybe we can get up there this summer sometime!

Lisa said...

There was a bar still! But just over me.... it was snug over my legs so I couldn't have it over both of us if she were to sit on my lap... I was safe but Cora could've jumped at any moment... if I wasn't holding onto her for dear life that is!