Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rogers' Road Trip: 4th of July... We're Goin' Home!


Our last morning in Quogue (I know you are very excited to see the end of vacation photos!.. me too!) we ventured to the beach for what I hoped would be a mini beach photo shoot.. what we found was that even though they had practically just woken up, Cole and Cora were wiped and very uncooperative.. well for my demanding needs anyway!  But it was fun trying at least and a nice way to say farewell to the beach, until next time.


Position #1, not happening... they all sat for a split second before Cora was climbing over the rail and Cole was crab walking down the steps... I have those photos too.. but if I shared them all we'd be here all day :)

This is what we saw from Cora "Mamaaaaaaa" she was yelling as she waddled down the beach to me.

Caden was very cooperative because he had it in his head that he would get treats if  he smiled and did what I asked!  Apparently we use bribery a bit too often.


... and this is what Cole did.. ran up from the water picked up a shell, ran down to the water to throw it in... and repeat, our pleas of cooperation fell upon deaf ears.


Well.. the goal was three kids walking down the beach holding hands... two out of three isn't horrible, at least they weren't crying!

Life Guard Chair!  At least they couldn't run away from me!

... I was wrong.

and then they had fun jumping off.


I know Cole.. we feel the same way, if only vacations didn't end!

We followed the bird prints back up the beach


Lesson: White flag equals calm waters, and the type of cloud above is a mare's tail which means rain will move in within 48 hours... we saw them a few days ago here at home and sure enough it did rain!

The boys snuggled with Uncle Ben while Rob packed up the car.  We then headed for the ferry to bring us closer to home... and that my friends! concludes our vacation.  Thanks to everyone who housed us over the week!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love how FB tells me exactly when you post! Hehe!

Oh, these photos are precious though even if you didn't get your "perfect" photograph of the three of them. I love the one of Caden and Cora walking and otherwise you captured their personalities or current state of affairs quite wonderfully! :) Charlotte was (and to some extent still is) exactly like Cora at that age- always wanting Momma. I loved it! :) These are all great pictures.

I loved seeing the vaca photos!!