Sunday, January 25, 2009

Top Bunk!

We have succeeded in getting Caden to be a top bunk guy!! We realized the only way Caden was going to sleep in the top bunk would be if he had a sleep over.. I told him when the baby comes Grammy is going to stay with us while Mommy was at the hospital, didn't he want her to sleep in his bunk beds instead of on the floor on an air mattress? He thought that was a great idea, but I had to remind him that Grammy was too old to be on the top bunk (sorry Mom!) so he was going to have to be on the top. He seemed agreeable. But before the big day we figured we'd better try it out.. so last night Rob had a sleep over in the bottom bunk. At 6'4" in a 6'6" bed it wasn't the best sleep he's had, but he he can't complain because he went to bed at 8 o'clock! so any sleep lost in discomfort he made up for! He said he was going to come downstairs after Caden fell asleep.. but sleeping beauty himself fell asleep and never woke up in time to get some evening time in!

Tonight Caden is back in the top bunk!! With hardly a word.. he did want me to sleep over tonight, but I told him I couldn't since I had to work in the morning and I wouldn't hear my alarm to wake up and I would get in trouble. He seemed okay with that answer. We did bring up his two stuffed dogs to sleep with him along with Angel who made a reappearance last night. For anyone who doesn't know Angel is Caden's comfort object, which he has for the most part abandoned. She came out when he made the move to the bunk beds from his other bed, and now for the top bunk.

I took a few pictures although you can't really see much, but figured since I went through the trouble to take them at 1AM when I went to bed I should include them! The last picture was taken today.. and I just had to include it even though it has nothing to do with the bunk beds.. because I love it! I also should add these pictures were taken in the pitch black with my new speedlight flash! Notice no shadows? Bounce photography is THE BEST!

The big blue lump is Rob in the bottom bunk

Sweet Slumber

My boys!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats on a successful sleeping arrangement for the boys!