Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Fun!

Before the big freeze set in we were able to enjoy the great outdoors! We suited Cora up...

... and I took her for a snowshoe jaunt around the yard...


... while the boys in the family made a snow fort...


... With tunnels!


... Daddy was the enemy, fought off with snowballs

Tasty, tasty snowball!

These boys love the snow...

... I love how Cole is looking at Caden... he sure does look up to his big brother!

... And then we took a walk...


... They are too heavy to pull up the hill! So the boys used teamwork to get the wagon up the hill...

... then they needed some help...

... then Cole took over until Caden wanted a turn...




... they travelled along the snowbanks on the way home...

... and then enjoyed some hot chocolate to warm our bones!

3 comments:

Muffiemom said...

Fun fun fun! How lucky you are to live in a neighborhood with very little traffic and roads that are well plowed so you can take wagon walks in the winter.

Kelly said...

What fantastic pictures! I was just looking longingly at my 70-200mm lense the other day and lamenting the fact that I haven't been able to get outside at all to take pictures! January down...a month a half to go until spring! Yippee! :) Maybe we can get out this weekend!

Lisa said...

These were all actually taken with the 50mm... I thought I'd give it a whirl outside and see how it took pics in the snow. I learned A LOT! I had the ISO high because I'd been taking indoor pictures, but didn't realize it and wondered why my pictures were super washed out.. so I switched from aperature mode to P (boo I know) and then in the middle of the walk I realized what the problem was and fixed the ISO and pictures were MUCH better! I love that we took that class and can figure these things out! We'll have to take session 2!

I'm with you.. I cannot wait until spring, however the groundhog did see his shadow this morning...