Sunday, February 21, 2010

Party Like You are ONE!

Yesterday was Cora's first birthday! My baby girl has grown so much!... but more on her update later.. back to party central.. a fun time was had by all.. or most hopefully! Cora had a sniffle and no nap, which I thought was keeping her subdued, I'm not sure she cracked a smile the whole party! But once all but 2 families were gone she perked back to her normal self smiling and laughing and babbling.. so in hindsight I think she may have just been overwhelmed by the houseful of people!





Cora's party was Princess and the Pea themed... about 1 month after she was born this cake design was in Family Fun magazine, and I knew then that it would be her first birthday cake! My first time with fondant.. it was pretty fun!



Cora with Cousin Casey who is 4 months younger and probably half the size of Cora, it's like she's trying to tell Casey who's going to be boss when they get older!

Uncle Brian was champ at entertaining the kids with their "prizes" from the Princess Pea game (find the ball under the pillow) I'm not sure if I did it wrong or what, but the game didn't go as I'd envisioned! I do think I needed more than two pillows.

One of the prizes that all the kids went after were the rocket balloons.. you blow them up and then let them go and they squeal and squeak flying across and around the room. It was very entertaining for them! Every balloon that was let go elicited the response as if it were the first every time.. Loud squeals, screams and laughter... it was very comical and very fun to watch even if you did wish you had passed out earplugs!

When I bought this crown we tried it on Cora and she wore it for at least 15 minutes... not for the party though of course! That would have been too easy!


(pre-bib which I almost forgot, bad idea with the white dress!) She looks up as if to say for me? really?!

The first taste...

...and back for more

The kids at the table waiting patiently for cake



Present time! Cora was a pro at the gift bags tossing aside tissue paper, card and the contents of the bag! She loves to empty containers. All of her presents were fantastic and perfect! Thank you to everyone for making her birthday a special one!

Maestro Devon provided some entertainment

This picture is great because a.) Cole is actually eating a sandwich! b.) while he isn't paying attention Cora is stealing his chips!

After the party was over Caden collected all of Cora's dolls and him and Cole were pushing them around the room on the folding chairs pretending the dolls were riding a train... below is the baby party Caden set up before going to bed!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

what fun! Your brother was really a good sport blowing up all of those balloons for the kids over and over and over again!

Charlotte was the same way for her party if you recall! I think it is overwhelming for them!

Again, with the cake, you've proved there is nothing you cannot do. I'm in awe! :)