Monday, January 25, 2010

SEE Science!

Two weekends ago.. I know I'm behind.. but after this I'll at least be on this past weekend!

Yes, two weekends ago we went in search of a place to have Caden's Fifth Birthday party! He really wanted a bouncy place where one of his friends had hers.. but due to a birthday budget we were hoping we could persuade him to something else fun and unique! So we brought him to the SEE Science Center in Manchester, where... surprise surprise you can have your birthday party! The even cooler part about it is that between February and April or even May there is a special Dinosaur Exhibit that will be there so after his party anyone who wants to join us for the Dino part can! and we get a special half price rate to see it for having the birthday party.

Anyway the Science Center is like a mini museum of science and super fun! Both boys loved it and didn't want to go home, but all three kids conked out in the back seat on the way home. I took about a gazillion pictures, but tried to pick out the best.... I'm so excited! I think all the kids will like it, maybe even as much as bouncy houses!

This activity was the first thing the kids did, and what sold the birthday party in only seconds of being there! You cover the "dino bones" with the "dirt" and play archaeologists and uncover them

Here Cole actually asked me "Mommy can I get in there?" "Sure!" I say "go ahead!" only after we'd been there about 2 hours I noticed the sign (that big yellow thing near Cole's legs) that said 'Please do not let your children climb in' WHOOPSY! at least we weren't spoken to.. if they did it would have been my fault!


Cora in the garden.. Stonyfield has a whole section on farming with a fun garden play area and a barn where you can pretend to milk cows, feed chickens and collect eggs.

Here the boys watch a demonstration on electricity.. they didn't dare, but they did that metal ball demo where two people touch this metal ball and you make a circle of people connecting then two people hi-five and everyone gets shocked. I love that when I was a kid! No matter how much it hurt you always wanted to do it again!

Caden was leary of touching the electro-ball, but finally did (as you can see!)

Where's Cole?

There he is!

Cora had no fear

Get the baby!

Cole had so much fun. There are tons of buttons to press and things to try. He was in curious 2 year old heaven!

and the SEE Science Center is home to a ginormous LEGO replica of downtown Manchester in... I believe the 1920's but don't quote me. It was amazing! and there were electric trains buzzing around it that the boys loved watching. I'm not sure Caden fully understood that everything was built from LEGOs.. the same LEGOs he has at home

Can you believe the detail!



Cora waves to me while I help the boys (and take her picture hehe)

Farmer Cole picked all the vegetables
And bonus! They had beautiful brick walls that I could use as a back drop to take the kids picture in their matching 'C' shirts!! Unfortunately they did not think it was as cool of an idea as I did and just wanted to go play.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

And reason #17 it's better than a bouncy house place....less chance of someone throwing up at the party! :)

It'll be a blast! Can't wait!!

Lisa said...

Haha.. ya Kelly, well if we had it at a bouncy place we just weren't going to invite Cole! Just Kidding.. what's a little puke? unless you get some on you.. that might be gross!