Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hats Off!!

I found this fun hat pattern for Cora.. but since I crochet, not knit (yet!) I had to farm out the work... and it came with two "Bruins" hats for the boys! They LOVE their hats, and willingly wear them everyday. Next year when I need a hat that is knit I'll be able to make it myself! Kelly and I had our first knitting class tonight! So what if I had to knit my gauge swatch 3 times and now I'll have to do it again because I'm switching to circular needles.. it's all part of the learning process right?! I am knitting and purling with the rest of them! Just wait til you see my work in progress... that is if I ever get past the gauge swatch!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, I love it!!

Got home last night (after getting lost coming home!ha!) and plopped right down on the couch and contnued my practice knitting. Next week onto a sweater! But I think I'm being a bit over zealous so maybe I'll try a hat. :)

Lisa said...

I'm sure you'll be fine with the sweater! And you'll get to learn cables in class rather than on your own later.. or in another class.. I'd go for the sweater!! You'll be fine! Plus I love that sweater!

Amanda said...

Knitting is so much fun! I love the hats, Lisa. Kelly taught me how to knit continental! She's awesome and the sweater is definitely doable!