Friday, December 17, 2010

Roll it and Pat it....

This past week we've been cookie making elves!  Every night we've either done batter, baked or both..  We are in the process of giving some away, some were for a cookie swap I had at work... and now we are still left with a whole lot of cookies!  I'm not sure I can eat even one more... I'm cookied out!  But here are a few pictures of our cookie spree!

Cole wouldn't turn for the camera.. he was busy playing with measuring spoons.

Her we are!  Our first batch getting ready for the oven! Peanut Butter Cup Nests...MMmm!

The kids were great helpers removing the wrappers from all the peanut butter cups.  I let them each have one, and they didn't even try and sneak more!


This was Chocolate crinkle night which definitely could have been dubbed "messy night"  We were an assembly line!  I made the balls and handed them to Cora...

... Cora put them in Caden's bowl of granulated sugar where he rolled them around to coat...

... and then he passed them off to Cole to roll around in the confectioners sugar, and then place onto the cookie sheet...

Hmmm.. why did we give him this job again?!  Powdered sugar was EVERYWHERE!!  But we did have a lot of fun and some good laughs.  I don't think we'll be making cookies for quite some time.. By the third night Caden actually said "Awww Mommmm... cookies again?!"  But they sure are enjoying eating them! 

We made:
Peanut Butter Cup Nests
Chocolate Crinkles
Cranberry White Chocolate Macadamia Dreams
Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
Almond Shortbread Cookies

3 comments:

Aunt Dorothy said...

Are some of these photos taken by my BROTHER? Did you let him touch the camera? I don't know about this... ;-)

Kelly said...

Yum!! I love cookies. :)

I'm making buckeyes tonight!

Lisa said...

Yum! I love Buckeyes! I've never made them though.. only ate them!

I am cookied out! Between our cookies and everyone elses I almost might never want to see a cookie again! Although I say that, but I did have 3 with breakfast.. whoops!