Monday, December 20, 2010

The Magic of Christmas

This year we added a bit more magic to our house at Christmas-time.  Our elf arrived December 1st, the kids named him "Star-Feather"... No he is not native American.. but we did have a star on top of our tree, and a "Pumpkin Turkey" with feathers sticking out of it.. and that is how Star-Feather was named.. we are very original around here!

Each night Star Feather flies back to the North Pole to report back to Santa how the children behaved during the day, and plays with all his elf friends.  When he returns before day-break he is in a different spot, and the children must find him!  It is quite exciting around here in the mornings!  Even Cora has been the first to spot him a few times.  But no one is allowed to touch the elf, or the magic will be lost and the Elf will no longer be able to report back to Santa how good they have been!

The elf has returned in some pretty crazy places!  This morning we found him flying on the ceiling fan!  and we've been asked some pretty interesting questions:

1.) Is he a real elf?
2.) Does he go to the bathroom?
3.) Why doesn't he know how to get back to his old spot?

Christmas is just the best time of year all around.. I just love twinkling white lights!  they make everything look magical!  I'm not sure if I prefer white over colored lights just because my Mom drilled it into my head that that is the way it should be or not, but I definitely do.. and Rob says he also likes them better, but I'm not sure he says that just to avoid conflict!  Caden would really like color, but thankfully the Sevin's have colored lights across the street, so I tell him to just look out the window :)  I do remember actually having colored lights when I was real small, but most years since they have always been white.  Don't get me started on our switch to LED lights for the outside lights though.. not a fan, but since I am a HUGE fan of saving money... they will stay! but inside we will not be making the switch.

Here is a bit more magic around the house....



3 comments:

Kelly said...

Everyone has the Elf this year! I feel really badly that we didn't do it! :( It seems like a ton of fun.

I am excited Christmas is almost here but kind of sad at the same time! It's over so quickly!

Aunt JoAnn said...

It was drilled into your head about the white lights,because your mom is so particular. I prefer the colored,but I was brought up with them,also. She came from a different mold. Haha

Muffiemom said...

You are going to have so many great memories to talk about when the kids get older. This one is a good one and I love the questions.
As for the lights it's not that I dislike colored lights I just prefer white. A different mold--the good daughter!!!