Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cole's 1st Day!

After two years of watching Caden go to preschool Cole finally has his big day!! His first day of Preschool!  He was been waiting for this day for weeks!  He's such a goofball!  Look at that smile.

And look at his giant backpack!  They are so cute at this age with their big bags.


Cole was nice enough to let his sister join him for a few pictures near the end... but only sitting.

.. until I convinced him otherwise :)

At parents night they sent us home with these magnifying glasses to encourage "wonder" in children, because wonder leads to learning.

And then we get to school... ahem preschool, Cole will not let me call it just school.

Each day after they arrive they must find their name tag and put it on the attendance board.

Cora and I gave Cole big hugs and he ran off to see the rest of the kids, I head for the door and look back and find Cora waving bye to me  following Cole!  Guess she thinks she is ready for school too!  Instead we ran some errands and then went to the Musquash Conservation Area for a nature walk which is right around the corner from Preschool.. interestingly Cora doesn't even know we were there because as we were driving there she fell asleep.  I pulled her out of the car and started walking assuming she'd wake up... a half hour later when I put her back in the car she was still sleeping and only woke up when I took her back out to get Cole.  Now I know how it would feel to be 32lbs heavier (or pregnant again!).. not good.

At the end of the day each child is led out one by one so the teacher can tell you how the child did each day.  It is very cute to watch the expression on each child's face!  Cole just looked around at all the parents.

I'm not sure they ever leave empty handed.  On the first day they do a "kiss hunt" around the classroom to explore all the areas and become familiar with the school.  When Caden was in school they got to do a peanut hunt with peanuts in the shells!  But there is a peanut allergy in Cole's class so that was out!

Cole is the complete opposite of Caden as far as sharing what he did during the day.  I think I got a minute by minute play by play of his morning at school! It is fantastic!  All that we get from Caden is "we did stuff" and "I forget"

Here is a glimpse at a few things Cole probably did at school. these are things we did at the open house the day before...
Trucks

Computers

Train table

And every one's favorite!  The rice table.. I just love the feel as the grains fall through your fingers!

2 comments:

Muffiemom said...

How long did it take Cole to collect all that candy? Did the others have a chance? No need to feed him sugar. I think he runs in his sleep. He looks so happy to be a big boy like his brother. Funny girl wanting stay with Cole. The big question
--will the teachers really want another Rogers after Cole? Time will tell.

Kelly said...

Haha! I love your mom's comments. They crack me up.

I cannot believe Cole is big enough to be going to school. It seems not that long ago you were sending Caden there for the first time. Seriously!

Looks like he had a great time- can't wait to hear all about it from him!