Monday, September 20, 2010

Ahoy Mateys!

Nope!  We did not go to the Mac 'n Cheese exhibit!  But we did pass this cool sculpture on the our walk through Fanueil Hall to our Tall Ship Cruise Adventure!

Sunday we went to Long Wharf with the Sevins to board our very own "pirate ship", the Liberty Clipper, for a two-hour sail along Boston's bay

Once off the dock and turned around us guests on the boat could help raise the sails!  Caden and Cole S. along with Rob and Brendan heave ho'd to help set the ship in motion! (although I do believe they were running the motor the entire time to keep us on schedule!)

These pictures remind me of the week I spent on the SSS Massachusetts back when I was younger.. I don't remember what grade I was in exactly.. 5th or 6th I think! I should post the picture of me out on the bow sprit with my giant 80's glasses!

Cole had to hit the head at one point in our sail and found the captain and the steering wheel!  He got to steer and when they got back we brought the rest of the kids to have a turn.

Girl Power!

These kooky kids just love to make their silly faces!  We'll have plenty for their senior yearbook :)

Coles!

Here Kelly lured the kids over to make a silly face picture with her while she herself then smiled pretty!  gave me a chuckle!

For some reason I just really loved these wooden pillars that had turned green!

Shark!  That's how we got the kids to all turn around and look at the camera while standing all together!  Looks like Charlotte has been watching her brother and his silly faces!  I saw this face a few times during the trip!

After our sailing adventure we walked through Fanueil Hall to pick out a bite to eat.  The combination of a Sunday evening and a Patriot's game made the crowd very small and manageable!  After dinner the kids picked their dessert at the bakery counter... melty chocolate chip cookies for everyone!! except Cole... he got M&M!

2 comments:

Muffiemom said...

Great idea to yell "Shark"
Like their facial expressions! The picture of Charlotte & Cora remind me of Angela & you when you were about 2 yrs old. Shoulder length hair vs almost bald!
Don't worry Cora some day you will have long thick hair.

Kelly said...

Can you send me your pics via email? I love the one of Cole and Caden and also the one of the kids looking over the edge of the boat...and the last one too. Those are great!

Who thinks to themselve, "hey I think i'll make a sculpture of a giant macaroni today!" I'm in the wrong industry. :)