Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Bushel and a Peck!

Today was a very busy day!  We had soccer, a birthday party, AND we wanted to fit in apple picking!  Good thing we have a few down the road.  Which is one of the reasons we love our town so much!

I'll be honest.. about a year ago when I was shopping the clearance racks I happened upon this dress with apples on it (the apples are in between the pink diamonds).  Probably not something I'd normally buy, but since every year we have an apple picking party I thought perfect!  Cora's outfit! and of course we were slackers this year and didn't have the party!  this month became too hectic it was difficult to fit in.  But don't worry! It'll return full force next year!

Down the rows we go looking for our perfect apples.

The trees were pretty well picked down low, so Daddy's shoulders were a necessity!

Woohoo!  He got it!



.. and then we found the ladders!

Obviously Cora's baby came along for the trip.. guess she got hungry!

Cora was very concerned with all the apples on the ground.  She wanted to pick them all up, it took some convincing that we'd leave those for someone else.

Caden was quite the helper! filling his arms full before coming back to add them to the bag.

Any apple that entered Cora's hands was hers to eat she thought.. she couldn't even get down the ladder before she took a bite!  We tried handing her apples to put in the bag, but she'd just trade you her apple with bites out of it for the new one and take a bite out of that one!  We learned quickly not to keep doing that or we'd be really full from eating her half eaten apples!

Daddy's girl!


Ahhh.. my all time favorite angle!  Caden is getting too tall for it though :(
Cole didn't want an apple he wanted applesauce, so I told him to try and make applesauce in his mouth... when I asked him if it was working he said yes... Parent -1 Kid - 0 !!

Once Cora was introduced to the ladder there was no stopping her!

Can't leave without at least trying to get a group shot.


Whheee! I'm the Queen of the ladder!

Daddy's little helper

2 comments:

auntie JoJo said...

I noticed that Cora is the highest on the ladder. You really are in trouble!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh- that photo that you now have as you header is perfect! It completely shows off their personalities and is just so cute! I also love the one of Cora climbing the ladder and her little bum sticking out as she climbs. :)

I can't wait to go apple picking!!