Friday, October 16, 2009

The Colors of Fall...

There is something I love about each season, which sounds silly as I'm sure everyone does! Spring I love the smell.. that and the growing bulbs as they first peep through the soil. The summer.. what's not to love about summer? But I love getting up in the morning, and it is warm already, and you can stay outside late into the night.. and.. it's still warm! Sadly I think what I love about summer is the feel of a beach day, when you pull into work get out of the car and walk through the parking lot there are some days where I think "Damn! THIS is a beach day!" which is really funny because we rarely go to the beach nor do I particularly love the beach! Winter my most favorite thing is when we get the snowfalls when the snow sticks to everything! Every branch has a layer of snow, the telephone wires.. you name it! But back to the season at hand!My favorite part of fall is obviously the foliage.. but more importantly the sound of the leaves! I am in love with the sound of the crunching leaves beneath my feet as I walk through them. One of my most vivid memories of my late Grampy Pyndo is taking walks and crunching through the leaves, walking on top of the stone wall on the way to the Mill Pond... every time I crunch through leaves I have that memory, it makes me smile!

So anyway! We see foliage everywhere we look.. the hard part is capturing it into a photograph that you want to look twice at.. as are all nature shots. Nature photography (or whatever you call it!) is definitely my weak point.. I need lots of practice. Kelly is really good at it and she called a couple of weeks ago during a clearing on a drizzly day to see if I wanted to go take pictures! We walked around the neighborhood with Cole (S.) and Caden on their bikes and clicked away.. the hardest part is figuring out what to take a picture of! Well.. I guess making it look good is the hardest part.. heck it's all hard! I like people much better!














Last Saturday morning Rob took Caden to the grocery store with him. Cole was not happy.. he wanted to go somewhere too!! So I decided to load him and Cora into the car and take some pictures of some pretty fall things I'd seen on my drive to work!
Unfortunately by the weekend all the leaves had fallen off of this tree which had been full of orangey yellow leaves at the beginning of the week!! Maybe I'll catch this one next year!





On my way to work around 7 AM the sun is hitting this tree perfectly and it is as if it is on fire!! Unfortunately the sun was in and out when we were driving around.. mostly in.. and since we were parked on the side of a busy road I decided not to wait until it came out! .... Again! maybe next year!
Normally when I drive by the flea market (this long stretch of white fence) it is during the week so the flea market is closed, but on Saturday morning things are in full swing!! So the flags were up and flying out straight on the windy day! The flags definitely added a nice touch.. although the Exit sign and Parking sign in the background aren't as picturesque!! You win some you lose some I guess!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You sell yourself short; those pics are gorgeous!!!