Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Memory

Last night Caden and I played our first REAL game of Memory!! We had attempted playing several times before, but it always ended in Caden flipping the cards over out of turn, or wanting to line them up, etc. But last night we played 3 whole games, the right way!! We didn't play with the whole "deck" even though he wanted to, but each game we got a little bigger and by the last game we actually were using most of the deck. The kicker! Caden won the first game! and I am not one to give up a win! Hey there are no freebies in life! you can't let the kids win all the time! You can tell because I won the second two, but the last game was a close one, and I just got lucky. It is so exciting to play with him, because you can just see his brain working trying to remember, and he has an excellent memory! I was impressed! A lot of times he would realize that after he turned over the second card, he knew the match to that one, but his turn was over so he would say "I will help you find the match to that Mommy", what a helper! in that case I would sometimes give him the match, especially if I wouldn't have gotten it on my own. The only obstacle in the game was Cole, who wanted to play as well.. except his game was to scatter them all over the room! Wrong game! So that is my exciting news of the day! Caden likes to play one of my favorite childhood games! and he does it well! Game On!

No comments: