Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby Appointment!

Today was our 21 week check-up. The midwife confirmed that the ultrasound looked great! The baby's heart rate was 148-155. I also learned that the placenta was in the front of the uterus , which is why I haven't felt the baby move as much as the boys.. and here we were hoping the baby just wasn't as energetic as Cole!! Apparently the placenta acts as a buffer or padding so it's harder to feel the earlier kicks. But this has no impact on anything else in the pregnancy or delivery. Interestingly I guess it can move, so even though it is in the front now, where the egg attached (most attach in the back I guess), it could move to the back later... I'm still not exactly sure how that works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My placenta was anterior with both the girls. Hmmm... another hint, perhaps? :)