Saturday, June 6, 2009

Two!

Yesterday our baby boy Cole turned TWO! It seems like he's been 1 forever, and now that Cole talks to us this coming year is going be a fun one!
To celebrate Rob took the day off! So Cole woke up to his presents, here the boys are driving their remote control motor boats in the pool.. conveniently they came as a pair so there was no fighting!
Dundore and Poobah got Cole an edible arrangement, and since fruit is one of the few things Cole eats it was perfect! I think he got almost every single grape off before I could even grab my camera! (And I am angry at myself because I didn't take the time to put on my external flash for any of the indoor pictures so there are huge shadows behind everyone... the reason I got the flash in the first place!)

Cora had a grand old time blowing raspberries at us while we had fruit.
Next we went to the rail trail nearby, which I am currently in love with, especially since Caden can ride his bike instead of having to push him in the stroller! Even better he can ride his bike at just about the right pace for us to run! Rob ran while I walked with Cora in the bjorn since putting the bike trailer (which has big wheels so can be jogged with) and the jogger AND Caden's bike into the car would've taken much more strategy, and we just wanted to get going!

And they're off!

And here they are on their way back!
After dinner the Sevin Family came over to help us eat the yummy double chocolate birthday cake. It is funny because the pictures below show a much more dramatic candle blowing than what actually occurred! The candle ended up being extinguished only because it fell over, Cole would only give little baby blows that just weren't "cutting the cake" if you know what I mean (hehe wink wink!). Unfortunately all my cake eating subjects ran off just as I was about to take pictures of their messy cake faces! Oh and if you are wondering why the candle is on Cole's piece of cake instead of the whole cake, it's because he had a bit of a sniffle so we didn't want him to blow his germs all over the big cake!



Cole enjoyed the cake so much he went back after we cleaned him up (of course!) to eat Caden's uneaten cake! Hmmm.. fruit and chocolate, that's my boy!

No comments: