Saturday, June 20, 2009

4 months and more!

Can you believe Cora is 4 months old today?! I sure can't! And being 4 months old means I am back at work (wiping tear from cheek!). This past week the kids had a blast with Grammy, and Rob and I will never be able to live up to the fun they had, but I am sure my Mom will sleep for a week after spending the four days with the kids! (Thank you Mom!! We owe you lots!) Four days because thankfully we have summer hours at my work! which saves me from having to take non-existent vacation time to have a long weekend! Friday was Rob's last day of work, so now he is Super-Daddy for the summer! Lucky guy! As long as it stops raining the kids will spend hours in the blowup pool, slip 'n slide and water table.

So now that Cora is 4-months she gets to go in the exersaucer and jumperoo!! Today we brought them down from the attic, set 'em up and tried them out! Not much action just yet, but I'm sure she'll be boppin' around real soon!


Cora is also getting quite good at holding things, although she doesn't actively seek out things other than her shirt! but if it happens to be under her fingers (placed there by us!) she hangs on for dear life!

Earlier in the week, on one of the days with sunshine... Wednesday... Rob dared to enter the pool! He's the only one so far. Although our thermometer seems to be malfunctioning and today said it was 90 degrees in the pool! Somehow I don't believe it! I think it was about 65 when Rob swam.. he didn't linger too long!



Today Caden and I met Kelly and Cole S. at the strawberry patch! We picked 14 pounds of strawberries! I've already made a batch of jam, and we had strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight.. MMMMmmmm, nothing like fresh strawberries, and this particular variety is amazing because the stem grows up a bit so when hulling you just cut off the little nub rather than having to cut into the whole strawberry like when you get them from the grocery store.. I am in love with them!!

Tonight we had breakfast for dinner... and Caden requested Green Eggs and Ham! We had some cheese on the eggs.. Even Cole ate the ham!! We told him it was bacon and he gobbled it right up! I think we'll cook some steak tips tomorrow night and tell him its bacon and see what happens! The kid loves bacon! The pork products we've been eating lately are from my Dad's pigs! So much tastier than the supermarket variety!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ha-ha-- Love Rob's action shot!!

Cora is getting so big so fast!! I just love her chubby cheeks.

I found a super easy recipe for strawberry lemon muffins. I am going to try it out tomorrow and I'll share it (the muffins and the recipe!) if it is good!

Muffiemom said...

OK I must confess that Friday I was
exhausted and could have slept all day. I sat down around 1:30 to read the newspaper and had to get up and keep moving or I would have fallen asleep. (It was very quiet and strange not hearing "Grammy" every 15 seconds or Cora jabbering
constantly) I only wish my days at work went by as fast as those 4 days did!