Saturday, January 21, 2012

Swish... Basketball!

Caden is old enough to play basketball this year.  He was a bit hesitant, but we convinced him it would be fun.  So far so good, and he's taken a real liking to it even though it is drill based only, no games yet and I am not sure they will.  But is nice that they learn the basics without scrambling for the ball and travelling all over the place, as I am sure that is that would be the most popular call at this age..


Clearly he has Rob's athletic skills, as he is actually quite good at throwing and catching.

It is really funny and brings back so many memories.. each practice ends with "suicides" although they don't call it that for the kids, I think they refer to them as "ladders".

Cole sits in the sibling corner and plays games on the iPod with his friend from school.

  
Okay.. you may be wondering why I have FOUR photos of dribbling.. well the first reason is there is not a  whole lot of variety in the photo department, but the the real reason is I am so impressed with his dribbling skills!  Playing b-ball for 9 years myself dribbling was not my strong suit, and I avoided it at all costs!  So to see him pick it up quickly is very exciting.. I will thank his Dad :) 

This is Caden learning how to pivot.. and the look of major confusion!  All the kids were a bit confused by this new technique.

But foot fire?.. big hit!  He really had fun with that one!


And we finish it off with suicides again!  I am enjoying this new sports venture!

2 comments:

Muffiemom said...

Yeah Caden. Glad he likes basketball because he definetely has the height. No wind, rain or heat for the spectators to deal with either. Bet that's why you like it.

Kelly said...

Great pics! I am a big fan of the basketball league. I had my doubts from the up front organization but Coach Bruce is awesome! Cole has definitely learned a lot!