Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ringing in the New Year... 2012

As per tradition we spend New Years Eve at the Sevin's.. Yummy food, yummy drinks.. fun (not yummy!) people!  Forgive my narrative as my memory slowly left me as the night progressed.. and check out FB shortly if you want to see more pics that don't necessarily pertain to the family blog.. like big kid dancing pictures.

Red Solo Cup... we drank you up!  Apps, snacks and desserts.. you can't go wrong with those categories.

Practicing for a mug shot?  Now I know why the kids avoid me.. they get it from their Father :)

Brendan and his infamous pose.. being mocked?  or is it a family thing? we might never know.

Naturally we brought the Vita-mix because it is my new best friend and I apparently cannot leave home with out it!  Not only did we make tasty adult beverages (whole fruit margarita might be my new favorite!) but also tasty kid fruit smoothies.. with a secret vegetable ingredient of course.
  
Cora has followed Charlotte's love for dress-up.  These girls get along so well these days!  The age gap is filling in!

Celebrate!!! Cora's first pigtails!! I was so excited!

Outside for fireworks and Sparklers...

Cheese!!.. seriously?  girls are so much more cooperative in front of the camera!

One of our neighbors must have been waiting for us to come out.. after shooting off a couple of our own suddenly there was a lovely display next door!  It was pretty funny.. I think :)

Oh the excitement!!


Note to self.. need to get better at photographing with sparkler smoke.  Probably should have turned the flash off? 


Action photo.. the sparkler discard.

Double fisting.

Okay.. a couple dancing photos.. Brendan trying to get Rob to dance (XBox Kinect style)...  I am sure you can guess the outcome

Wait a minute! There is not supposed to be evidence of me dancing.. and apparently singing!

How did they do it?  many of the kids made it to midnight.. Caden went to bed shortly thereafter and slept til 10 the next morning!! now that is a good night's sleep!  but not as good as the next night when we put them to bed early and they slept from 6PM to 8AM.. seriously?  14 hours of sleep!  I would love that!





Why do the kids look more awake than the adults?!

Thanks Sevin Family and everyone else for a super fun night!

And the 2nd year at our new annual tradition.. running the Millennium Mile road race in town on January 1st.  A one-mile race.. downhill!  What more could you ask for in a race?!  Except maybe it could be a tad bit warmer!  Last year was unseasonably warm.. I'm not sure what we will do the year it ends up raining, snowing, icing.. or whatever.

You can see our "team" was not in much of a mood for photos.. even at 2PM they were zombie children.  We did however get Caden to "race"  Rob alternated running and walking with Caden while I ran with the other two in the trailer.  This race definitely is a good way to start off the New Year!  And after waking up feeling not so ourselves.. after running we felt great!  I highly recommend it. 

Next year we will get Caden a bib number of his own.  And because I am super dedicated to getting free stuff.. I have promised him a hat (note Rob's above. You have to be one of the first 500 registrants to get a free hat.. we were # 32 and #33.. last year we were like 503 and 504 or something ridiculous like that! we just barely missed it.. clearly I was determined this year)

There he is!  Avoiding me.. grrr.

Saddled up in the chariot and ready to go! It will be exciting when we can all run it! Maybe 2014?!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, this post made me laugh. that one of us dancing is insane. And boy do I look tired in that midnight photo!