Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Family Camp Trip 2011

Back to catching up!  All the way back in July we ventured to Cape Neddick, Maine for our family camp trip, the second year in a row!  It is a nice campground that is close enough that you can go home if you need to, as has been the case for the poor Chirco Five.  Maybe next year we can make it the whole weekend together!


Our McMansion tent!  Plenty of room in there for growing!


We ventured to York's Wild Animal Kingdom, and while I always ask myself when I get home why in the world I took so many pictures of animals and end up deleting most of them.. but this baby monkey was one of the cutest things you've ever seen!!  It would be better in video, but still shot will have to do!

Lots of fun animals to see!!



This butterfly had a particular attachment to Uncle Brian!!

Clearly his next tattoo should be a butterfly :)

The kids thought it was the greatest thing ever!

Even sleeping Baby J got in on the butterfly action!

I thought it was funny that the butterfly was perched here on the chrysalis poster, like it was trying to make us understand their life cycle.

These ducks were not lacking food!

The deer are one of my favorite parts of the zoo!  They can walk around with everyone and they love to be fed. 

This is definitely NOT my favorite part :) Snakes!!


Cole is my ride guy!  The rides open later than the zoo.. so let the fun begin!

I love this photo.. Cora is just under 4 months older than her younger cousin... but about 4 times bigger!!

Bumper car time!!  Always a favorite, Cole was my partner


Our cheering section



Love this guy!

Bumper boats




This could have been a ghost train, Cole was the only passenger!

Dinner time! 

Aww!  Brotherly love.

First Camping trip!
 
Not my kid!! No char allowed!

Interestingly the kids enjoy making s'mores but not necessarily eating them.. so I got to eat four!  maybe more I tried to stop counting.

Story time!



We cannot go without mentioning our friendly owl "Horton" who kept us company last year was at our sites waiting for us!! 

No comments: