Saturday, August 20, 2011

Polar Caves!

We were North a bit on an errand.. so we thought we'd jaunt up an additional hour or so to the Polar Caves!

The kids were extra excited because a little piece of them was hoping to see a real Polar Bear

They have a small practice rock formation to go through to make sure you aren't claustrophobic.. we all passed :)  but right here you can see the difference between being a child and being an adult! We soon saw that that afternoon the kids went for a walk through some rock caves while Rob and I twisted, ducked, and contorted ourselves to get through the park!
  
Lot's of steep steps deep into the depths of coolness on a hot summer day... we even saw ice in one of the caves!

Our cave explorers, unfortunately since the caves were practically pitch black I had to use a lot of flash.

In we go!

Can you imagine building all the walkways?

Best Buddies.. my favorite Caden quote of the day as we went through the first cave was "Wow... we should have worn gloves.  We sure are touching a lot of nature here!" In his defense a lot of them were quite damp.




I didn't realize what Rob was gesturing to me until just now when I was choosing which photos to include.. I kept it anyway because it makes me laugh.. he didn't realize he was skipping a cave as he sauntered down "Party Poopers Lane", but he didn't hear the end of it!

In the end you have to choose between Orange Crush or Lemon Squeeze, we figured we'd start with Orange Crush and then do the other.. but we didn't realize it was one or the other.. something to go back for!
 
Under the Kissing Bridge they didn't want to smooch Cora on the cheek as I requested, but we got this one showcasing a little more personality instead!


Into the gift store to purchase some mining stones Cole-Bear proved we nicknamed him appropriately.


Ready and waiting for the fun to begin
  
Caden jumped right in, not needing much instruction

Cole being our special child required a little assistance.

Cora watched the boys closely as they figured it out and took it head on!

Rob jumped in to assist really quick... and then she was back at it.. we have to remind ourselves sometimes that she is only two!

Some of our "gems"

I have this thing.. I see hearts in things no one else sees.. Rob thought I was carzy.. seriously?  This is totally a heart!

I like all things rustic.

Why thank you we will!

2 comments:

Muffiemom said...

Is Cora saying "Hey" or "Yeah" as Cole puts his fingers in her eye? No question that rock is definetly a heart-good eye!

Kelly said...

That quote from Caden is hilarious!

In that first pic of the kids together, Cora looks about 4! I can't believe it!

Love the last one of all of them- definitely a framer!!