Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowshoeing...


The boys got snowshoes for Christmas.. and love them!   We took them to the Derry Rail Bed last weekend, someday this portion of the rail bed will be paved over and joined to our beloved Windham Rail Trail, but for now it is just a trail in the woods.  As we were getting out of the car three snowmobiles drove through packing down the snow.  (Side note: when the kids get older I so want some!  the kids were highly entertained as they flew over the snowbank, literally!)  At first I was annoyed that they packed down the snow, but then Rob drew to my attention that if they hadn't the boys would have tired very quick.. and there was plenty of deep snow to trample through on either side when they felt adventurous.  Also after walking through some deep snow with Cora on my back I was very thankful for those kind snowmobilers!! 


Rob took first shift with Cora... I got her when we turned around.

Cole has a bad habit of licking his lips.. sorry not just his lips, you'd think he was a puppy as he laps around his mouth with his tongue!

Cole walks to the beat of his own drum.. I hung back with him.. the others waited for us every once in awhile to catch up.


Miss Cora sat in the lap of luxury.. although she wanted to get out and walk just about the entire way.

Making their own trail...
  

Cole didn't want to be in our picture so we had to tackle him!


Caden loves to eat snow.. you can see his snow "crumbs" on his neck warmer!



Waiting for us to walk back to him to walk together...

.. ahead of telling us to hurry up!

Cole started getting "tired".. this is his new thing, really it is code for I want you to hold my hand... since once you hold hands he is perfectly fine...  I sure don't mind, because before you know it they won't be caught dead holding hands with their Mom.

2 comments:

Marleina said...

That is too funny - our kids are very much alike. Elizabeth is such a snow-eater - like to the point you have to stop her so she doesn't get a frostbitten chin! And Catherine pulls the same exact "tired" bit!

It looks like you guys had a blast! Next investment could be a sled-stroller. :)

Kelly said...

I love it! I so want some snowshoes!! Looks like you had a great time- you guys are so good about getting out and doing these physical activities as a family!