Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dad goes away.. we play!

Rob went away for a boys only Foxwoods adventure, so we were left to our own devices!  We had a fun playdate with the Sevins minus the ring leader of the Foxwoods trip... and then they went home.  I've come to learn that in order for the kids not to become crazed and completely drive me nuts you have to keep them busy with activities.  So first we did a craft...  Caden loves to pick out crafts from a book he has, so we made dye dipped snowflakes out of coffee filters.  Fitting with all the snow we've had!


Cole has a bit of trouble cutting still, he likes Caden to hold the paper for him while he mans the scissors.. he can't quite do both for some reason.


.. and then we dipped
  
Our masterpieces!  But once they dried you could barely see the colors.. I guess we needed a few more drops of food coloring.

Unfolding... but once they were dry and unfolded we never did hang them up.. another activity for another day.

After snowflakes we made Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies!  And in our opinion, they were pretty ultimate!  I think the kids favorite part is getting to lick the tools.




Sharing?! What is up with that!!? They almost look like angels!

Oh Cora, you make me smile! Yes I know we shouldn't let the kids sit on the table, but for some reason it is the most popular spot in the house. 

Yum-O!

And when she thought I wasn't looking she was sneaking dough on her finger... and licking it off

.. then when I really wasn't looking, and taking cookies out of the oven, I look over and they've moved the bench to get to the bowl on the counter to sneak more samples of the batter.. smart kids! teamwork!

And then we enjoyed the ooey gooey deliciousness.. nothing like a warm fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookie!


Caden walked around the table in circles trying to avoid me and the camera.. you can't escape me!  Will they never learn!?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Give in to the mamarazzi! You'll never escape! haha! LOVE the one of them sharing the beater. That would never happen in my house. What fantastic pics!!