Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

we have a New Year's tradition in that we go over to the Sevin's to celebrate New Year's Eve.  Brendan's brother and family also come so it is small party that does not lack any fun!  We made several trips over as we had lots of stuff to bring, they may have been afraid we were moving in!  Caden and Cora went over on trip #1, and when I came back with the 2nd load she was all dressed up in Charlotte's Tinkerbell outfit!  I think I like Tinkerbell so much because she wears green.

Kelly played Mother Goose for a bit before dinner.. the kids had real food.. the adults had apps and desserts.. the main event was a fry bar.. we fried french fries, mozzarella sticks, poppers, and Oreos!  the next morning we made donuts in the fryer.. no more fried food please!

After dinner we ventured outside for some fireworks and sparklers.. note to self practice taking pictures in the dark, I deleted every single one.


Poor Katrina!  Her growing baby is sucking all her energy away!

Mmmm.. Kelly was very busy making several flavors of homemade ice cream!  yummy! Sundaes all around... can you tell the theme of this event is food?

Oh Cole you are so silly!

To wind down the evening the kids watched a movie...

.. or just played

.. and then they had popcorn.. MMMmmmm


  


Somehow they actually all wound down and fell fast asleep almost instantly!  And when they woke up, it was a brand new year.  A fun night with fun friends! 

Happy New Year!





I'm not sharing the picture of Kelly and I sleeping at the stoke of midnight :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It was such a fun night. I laughed so hard most of it! :) I think it's funny that a) you are not sharing the photo of us sleeping because I was going to! But now I'm not because you didn't! Ha!, b) you captured a lot of the same stuff I did so our posts will be identical!

I love that you caught Katrina through the window and all of the photos of the kids sleeping. So sweet.

Here's to a great 2011!

Katrina said...

You really captured the whole night! I am so in love with all those sleeping pictures. They look so sweet and innocent.

P.S. I think it's only fair to post the picture of you two sleeping since I look like a zombie on the couch haha.