Thursday, January 6, 2011

Millenium Mile - 2011

We woke up on Saturday morning to a brand new year... funny how they fly by so quickly!  We went back over to the Sevin's for a delicious brunch cooked by Kelly!  She finds the best recipes!  once we had stuffed ourselves sufficiently and had some relaxing table talk while the kids played, we had to tear them away because I had signed us up for the Millennium Mile race in town.. a one mile race downhill!  I assume because of the name that it began in the year 2000, but this is the first year I even heard about it which I thought was very strange since we read the local paper cover to cover.  I was so excited to pick up our bib numbers in hopes that we were one of the first 400 registrants and we would get the free hat (which by the way were super cool).  notice our bib numbers?  we missed it by 5!!  bummer, next time I'll be looking for the registration in November so we can get free stuff!  Because I am sure you know my motto by now.. "If its for free, it's for me!"

Girl Team

Boy Team


Just over 1,100 people registered!  Plus a bunch of bandits like Caden, Cole and Cora

The boys ran for about 50 yards, then Caden decided he didn't know how to run (he was still angry with us for making him leave his friends house), and Cole declared he needed a snack.. good grief children!  It is ONE mile!  Can't we go without snacks for 10 minutes?! The answer was no.  But at least Rob and I actually got to run the rest of it!  And yes the Boy team won, but only by about 2 steps, and only because I stopped to take pictures twice!

Not our time..

 ... also not our time :) although I didn't even look to see what our time was!

And then we all had to walk back...

Rob was not happy to be pushing both strollers.. but I had to take a couple more pictures :)

Sleepy Cora slept the whole race, that's what we get for running a race during nap time!

So there you have it! Our first physical activity of the year!  and fun!  wish I had heard of it sooner, but we have now begun a new tradition.

2011 is going to be a great year, the year of:

1.) Finishing unfinished projects (you wouldn't believe how many I have)
2.) Organization
3.)Fitness, seriously!  I am running out of pants :(
4.) Organization.. wait did I already say that?  I mean it this time!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You had such a nice day for this!! Good for you on running though because while you were doing this I was still in my pjs, I think! haha!

I hear you on the organization. If I could just get a handle on the hats mittens and scarves that would be my first accomplishment. :)