Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beach Fun with Friends!

Last weekend we ventured to the beach with the Sevins.  We left early.. 8am to beat the holiday weekend beach traffic, we missed all traffic and got a prime spot on the beach.  It was perfect!  We had so much fun as you'll be able to see from the pictures.. which even though there are a lot I honestly did narrow it down it was so hard!  My biggest accomplishment of the day was that I shot completely on manual, adjusting for the correct exposure for every shot.  I am practicing for my cousins upcoming wedding in August where I cannot risk having her wedding dress being overexposed!  Which tends to happen when I shoot in my usual aperture mode, where you set the aperture (how blurry you want the background to be) and the camera picks the shutter speed automatically.  But anyway, this isn't a camera lesson!  I was just very proud of myself so I thought I'd share.

Is it me or does the bucket look almost as big as Cole?

I love how little kids play in this position.. my legs would be burning!

Rob and his mini-me head to the water

The gangs all here!  Except Cora and me.. Cora barely wanted to venture to the tide pools, it took her a bit to warm up to the whole beach idea... but once she did she thought she ruled the beach.

All I wanted was for her to look up.. do you think she would?  Oh wait she did and it was an amazing shot.. but her eyes were CLOSED!  I just love the ripples in the sand.

The boys.. this picture reminds me of ring-around-the-rosie for some reason.. even though they weren't playing it.

Daddy and his girl

Once Cole got used to the temperature he was a fish

What is it about little girls in their bathing suits?  And braids?!  Some day Cora, just wait.

My man Caden... such a little stud as he stares down the camera man, errr.. woman.

Cole S. = surfer dude. 

 
The kids had fun playing Frisbee.. it took a bit of practice, but by the end they were pretty good!

Here she is owning the beach

Kelly is pretty much the awesomest beach-goer I know.  The only one willing to dig in and get their hands dirty for some good ol' fashioned kid burying!


Mark my words.. movie star!

Cole only stayed buried for a split second.. I was lucky to get it on "film"



Once we'd had enough sun exposure we ventured on an epic journey through the Hampton Strip to Rye for ice cream at the Ice House where the Sevins insisted we go :)  however the people watching is always enjoyable.  Rob hadn't had anything to drink, and ended up getting a bit dehydrated.. but in this picture he actually looks happy!  Next time friends, all I have to say is HODGIES!  Once you try it you'll never look at ice cream the same ever again.. but I'm a bit biased.

And that concludes our beach day fun.  It was super fun, and I demand we do it again!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You did these on Manual??!! Awesome!! You are my new hero. These are some beautiful shots.

Yes, next time Hodgies. :) Let's do the beach thing lots this summer!

And poor Rob. Next time we bring a jug of water just for him.